We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 "device not detected" mechanisms for zwave  (Read 780 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: UI7 "device not detected" mechanisms for zwave
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 02:07:53 pm »
@rafale77

Agreed.  Again.  Thanks for the post.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 03:56:06 pm »
So I decided to completely eliminate polling from my network with the following code:

Code: [Select]
for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
 local var= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollSettings",k)
   if var ~= nil  and v.device_num_parent== 1 then
     if var ~= 0 then
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollSettings", "0", k)
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollNoReply", "0", k)
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollRatings", "5.0", k)
     end
   end
end

followed by a luup reload and the traffic on my zwave network has decreased so much that I have nearly 0 latency. (I had very little to begin with but could occasionally run into an overflow). I initially thought that disabling polling from the zwave settings screen would stop polling but the logs showed otherwise. This will significantly, I believe increase the battery life of my FLIR devices which were getting polled every minute like the yale deadbolts and econet vents while resolving the occasional command queuing I have previously been dealing with.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline cranb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 02:31:52 am »
Thanks for the great info on this Rafale77! I still experience inexplicable reboots of my Vera Edge every day, so i will definitely try your advice on the polling settings.

How do you monitor the traffic on your zwave network?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 03:01:03 am »
On the vera I look the luaupnp logs located in /tmp/log/cmh.

Also after some testing, I am no longer recommending zeroing polling on battery operated devices. They are not getting polled anyway but for some strange reason, vera wants to reconfigure the devices when you ask it to stop polling them. It is fine with the FLIRS and non battery operated devices but the others need to wait for a wakeup and I just woke up yesterdy with 50+ undetected devices. A quick recovery from back up and then a selective modification of the polling rate fixed the whole thing.

This code below disables polling on all non battery operated devices. I can also share my code which removed polling from my econet vents and locks which are FLIRS and set polling to once a day for my sirens which are also FLIRS.

Code: [Select]
for k, v in pairs(luup.devices) do
  local var= luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollSettings",k)
  local bat =  luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1", "BatteryLevel",k)
   if var ~= nil  and v.device_num_parent== 1 and bat == nil then
     if var ~= 0 then
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollSettings", "0", k)
     luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "PollNoReply", "0", k)
     end
   end
end
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.