Author Topic: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration  (Read 57096 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
Re: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2014, 11:38:28 am »
OK thanks, I have emailed James Smith at Friend Group on Aliexpress with my requirements.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:53:25 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2014, 12:45:00 pm »
So if you were going to also utilise the S1 and S2 ports on the Fibaro relay module and add a wall switch, what type of switch would you need to use?

"Monostable is when we release the physical button, it came back in normal position."
"Bistable is when we release the physical button, it stay in his pushed position."

Dooya have a switch here which is expensive with shipping.

Any examples of inexpensive suitable roller shutter wall switches?

Cheers

Also is there any stop functionality on the Fibaro relay or just open / close? Seen some switches also have a stop button on them.

EDIT:

From the relay manual

The local operation can be realized by a double switching paddle (bistable) or a double button (monostable). The connected switch type must be selected according to the inclusion by setting the configuration parameter 14. The local switch is connected with the motor control insert as shown in the schematics. If a bistable switch is connected it has to stay connected until the motor control insert is included into the Z-Wave network.

Fibaro Roller Shutter allows for connecting push buttons to S1 and S2 terminals. These may be momentary or toggle switches, alternatively. Push buttons are responsible for managing the blind?s movement.

Using momentary switches:

Clicking UP button connected to S1 terminal, initiates up movement. Clicking button connected to S2 terminal, initiates down movement.

If the blind is moving, each click, of any button, will stop the movement. In addition a button click sends a command frame to I-st association group devices. In case of venetian blinds, it?s possible to manage the lamellas angle. Operating Mode - Venetian Blind, or Parameter 10 value set to 2.

Holding connected to S1 terminal initiates lamellas rotation up. Holding connected to S2 terminal initiates lamellas rotation down. In addition a button hold sends a Fibar Command Class control frame to II-nd association group devices.

Using toggle switches:

Changing switch key position, connected to S1 terminal, initiates up movement. Changing switch key position, connected to S2 terminal, initiates down movement. Choosing a middle position stops the blind.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:58:19 pm by cw-kid »

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:31 pm »
Check the Fibaro Shutter manual in the second post of this link : http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?p=39273

It say what type of switch you can use.

Envoy? de mon Z30 en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2014, 12:56:33 pm »
So if you were going to also utilise the S1 and S2 ports on the Fibaro relay module and add a wall switch, what type of switch would you need to use?

"Monostable is when we release the physical button, it came back in normal position."
"Bistable is when we release the physical button, it stay in his pushed position."

Dooya have a switch here which is expensive with shipping.

Any examples of inexpensive suitable roller shutter wall switches?

Cheers

Also is there any stop functionality on the Fibaro relay or just open / close? Seen some switches also have a stop button on them.

EDIT:

From the relay manual

"The local operation can be realized by a double switching paddle (bistable) or a double button (monostable). The connected switch type must be selected according to the inclusion by setting the configuration parameter 14. The local switch is connected with the motor control insert as shown in the schematics. If a bistable switch is connected it has to stay connected until the motor control insert is included into the Z-Wave network."

Exactly

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 05:11:47 am »
I got a price from Friend Group for a 2.3 metre track with the Dooya DT52S motor is 84.22 GBP shipped. Which is 136.68 USD. Which I don't think is too bad. Plus another 40 GBP for the Fibaro blind control relay.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:32:03 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:00 am »
I ordered 4 curtain track (+/-18 feets)  with with the motor for around 110$ US each.

18 Feet is 5.4 Metres at $110 each, is cheaper than my price at $136.68 for only a 2.3 metre track. But I guess you did order four of them, which probably brought the price down somewhat.

EDIT: That's their best price for me on a single order, so I have bought it now. Will let you know how I get on with it.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:31:51 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »
Think I will buy this wall switch here to connect to the Fibaro blind control. Its cheap and looks similar to my Duwi Everlux switches.
Hope a switch like this would work!

Just seen this Siemens one which looks alright.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:45:19 pm by cw-kid »

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »
Think I will buy this wall switch here to connect to the Fibaro blind control. Its cheap and looks similar to my Duwi Everlux switches.

Hi, this seem a on and off switch at first sight.

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2014, 01:24:32 pm »

Hi, this seem a on and off switch at first sight.

Yeah they are just light switches. Why is that not going to work?

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 01:28:15 pm »
Yes it will work, if you wire left side to open and/or right side to close it will be fine. But if you click the open switch it will open completly. You wont have a stop button to stop it like at 50%.

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:43 pm »
Yes it will work, if you wire left side to open and/or right side to close it will be fine. But if you click the open switch it will open completly. You wont have a stop button to stop it like at 50%.

Well I assumed one button on the switch would open the curtains and the other button on the switch would close them.

As for stop at 50% that would be a nice feature to have but not essential. Not sure what type of switch I would need to buy in that case, to be able to stop the curtains?

Cheers

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2014, 08:10:07 am »
Hi

I've started my Z-wave curtain installation.

Part 1 Overview

Part 2 Un-boxing kit

Part 3 Installation and Wiring

Parts 4 and 5 to following showing the completed installation and Vera setup plus some extras!  ;D

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »
Part four and five are now on the blog

Part 4 - Wiring continued (wall switch)

Part 5- Vera setup and remote control options

Offline conchordian

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2015, 11:57:40 pm »
Thanks for the write up, cw-kid.  It looks great.  Still happy with it?  Anything for you'd do differently besides ordering more hoops?

Offline cw-kid

• Phaze1 Digital
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2015, 04:45:26 am »
Hi

Yeah I'm still very happy with the install and everything is still working great. I did get some more hoops from the supplier and the curtains hang much better, more hoops the better I would say.

If I was to do it again? I would have used the correct triple and earth cable from the Fibaro Blind insert to the wall switch.

Also a reader on the blog left an interesting comment about also using the Dooya wall switch and RF remote. Which you might want to consider.

Comment from the blog:

"I used Dooya emitter as the switch of S1 and S2 which can be controlled remotely using its controller via 433MHz in parallel. Setting Parameter 10 as 1 (Toggle switch). It works perfectly using both Vera and Dooya 433MHz remote controller. Please ntoe that just use Up/Down on Dooya transmitter connecting to S1 and S2 only."

It works great in Vera and with the wall switch I installed and with my Aeon Minimote remote control.  ;)