Author Topic: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration  (Read 83283 times)

Offline cw-kid

Re: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 11:52:02 am »
Attached is the Dooya document for the mains voltage DT52E motor which has the radio (Zig-bee) they also have an external dry contact for switch function.

Comparing the connection end of the Dooya motor with the NWD z-wave one they look to be the same! See motors.jpg
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:00:26 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 04:29:24 am »
Well I have confirmation from a chap at NWD that their Z-wave curtain motor will work with VeraLite!

However from the short message I received it is still unclear if this NWD Z-wave motor will fit the Dooya curtain tracks? But sounds like NWD may have their own curtain tracks? I have asked for more information.

"Hello,

I am Q Li,  Our curtain motors can be connected with veralite,

But Curtains motor must be good with our curtain track

Thanks"

Offline frichter09

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:30 am »
Wow... thanks for all the info!!!
Yeah now we only need to know if the tracks would work.
I sent them an email myself but no luck yet  :(
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline Ruetech

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 12:48:38 am »
Have you guys looked at using a micro controller yet? I was able to build an alarm interface for an otherwise unsupported alarm using an Arduino and I know they have motor control shields that just snap on the top check out this thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12167.0.html

Also I'm not sure if you figured out the wiring for that motor controller at the beginning of the thread but it seems like the control wires just need a momentary short on the control neutral to activate think of it like four garage door buttons with one wire on bottom and four on top so black connects to the bottom of all buttons and the other four connect to the top so they can individually short against the black as needed. This is my best guess from the diagram

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 03:52:39 am »
That NWD Z-wave motor does fit the Dooya curtain tracks!

This is what the guy from NWD said:

"Yes , it is Suitable for Dooya curtain tracks. Curtain motor is also Dooya,but we change it to z-wave.

Dooya is our Partners"

So that's pretty much what I suggested that NWD had just added Z-wave to a Dooya motor.

I still don't have any real pricing or know where you can purchase the NWD Motor / Dooya track kit other than Aliexpress.

But I think if the price is right this could be a very good solution.  ;)

Also have you noticed the EU Z-wave motor is more $ than the USA one. I have asked why ? Also trying to work out where we can purchase these from.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:32:15 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 04:37:02 am »
OK I have had one reply already from that Aliexpress seller I linked to here. I informed him/her the NWD motor fits the Dooya curtain track and asked if he can sell the track only without the Dooya (Zig-bee) motor and remote control / wall controller this is what he said:

"Thanks for your message and information offered.
Of course you can only buy track from us.
if sample, the track with all small parts is 35 USD/m.
Max length is 12m.
Could you please tell me how many pcs do you need? what is the length of each one?
I would like to show you our best price if your quantity is good."

This doesn't sound too bad, $35 is 21 GBP and if you bought more the price would probably come down. Obviously postage costs could bump it up quite a bit.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:40:41 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 04:53:48 am »
Here's the reply from NWD:

"1. I don't know why our z-wave motor is expensive than US. But our z-wave motor is very good.
 2. No , we don't use Dooya's switch, we make switch by ourself.
 3. Yes ,we have Dooya's motor tracks.

Sorry , i don't where can buy Dooya's products in Europe.

Thanks"

Not that helpful...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:57:15 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 09:33:02 am »
This is something new I have not seen  before by a company called Vision who have some Z-wave products.

ZW4101 Z-Wave Curtain Control Module (Signal/Relay)

I can't see any User manual for it.

I guess this could be used to control an existing none Z-wave curtain motor ?

Offline frichter09

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 10:33:24 am »
That NWD Z-wave motor does fit the Dooya curtain tracks!

This is what the guy from NWD said:

"Yes , it is Suitable for Dooya curtain tracks. Curtain motor is also Dooya,but we change it to z-wave.

Dooya is our Partners"

So that's pretty much what I suggested that NWD had just added Z-wave to a Dooya motor.

I still don't have any real pricing or know where you can purchase the NWD Motor / Dooya track kit other than Aliexpress.

But I think if the price is right this could be a very good solution.  ;)

Also have you noticed the EU Z-wave motor is more $ than the USA one. I have asked why ? Also trying to work out where we can purchase these from.

That is excellent!!!!
And the price for the track is also not too bad.
Thanks Stuart.

I will have some spare time in two weeks and might order one and will let you know how it works.
Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline frichter09

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:47 am »
Btw.
I will see if I can get the Z-wave motor first, if that works I will order the tracks because I have some big windows at my place....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:03:33 am by frichter09 »

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 10:52:29 am »
That is excellent!!!!
Thanks Stuart.

I will have some spare time in two weeks and might order one and will let you know how it works.
Flo

I will probably order one as well but might not be until after Christmas for me.  :-[ If you do get it please take lots of pictures and maybe even a short video of the curtains in action would be very helpful!

Thanks

Offline frichter09

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 11:27:55 am »
That is excellent!!!!
Thanks Stuart.

Flo

I will probably order one as well but might not be until after Christmas for me.  :-[ If you do get it please take lots of pictures and maybe even a short video of the curtains in action would be very helpful!

Thanks
Will do for sure!
I will pm you once I ordered the motor!!
Flo

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 11:35:36 am »
I'm still waiting to hear more from NWD about this z-wave switch he mentioned, he's meant to be emailing me some NWD product catalogue or something.

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »
More Dooya curtain track product details:

There are 3 different types of tracks (S, A, B) and several types of runners.

They have ceiling and wall brackets.

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 01:41:59 pm »
Components and Assembly