We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration  (Read 109622 times)

Offline zwavemotors

Re: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2014, 08:38:40 am »
the pull to open or close is independent from the control., all our systems have it:
- the Z-wave native motor
- the 4 wire motor + Z-Wave AC module
- the RF motor + Z-Wave to dry contact module
info@zwavemotors.com

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2014, 06:38:01 pm »
I find a supplier on a website who sold me the track and a Dooya DT52S motor for around 125$!! Pretty good deal! :) But, I tought I could buy a Roller Shutter 2 from Fibaro and connect it to the motor to control it as some people said in this thread. I'm searching everywhere a place where I can buy this Roller Shutter 2 module, compatible with US zwave frequency and able to ship here in Canada... Does anyone know where to buy it?

Envoy? de mon Z30 en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline zwavemotors

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2014, 08:22:34 am »
we still dont have the Fibaro in 120V/US freq in stock but have other brands of AC motor controllers available
contact us info@zwavemotors.com

Offline charlesrg

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2014, 01:06:22 am »
I just found another company that makes similar motor to Dooya.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Drapery-Motor-Motorized-Curtain-With-Remote_1857082175.html

What do you guys think ?

Anyone has a contact that can sell the Dooya DT52S with track direct from Asia ?

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
@Charlesrg : the link you posted need a minimum order of 300 set. Go to aliexpress.com and search for electric curtain. I found a seller that accept to change the remote control motor to a Dooya DT52S motor and 6 meter curtain track for 125$ usd. Pretty good deal. Dont be afraid to directly contact the seller and tell them what you need.

Offline charlesrg

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »
Peter, do you mind sharing the seller info ?

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2014, 08:26:30 am »
Hi Charles,

Here is the link to a 4 meters (around 13 feets track) from the same seller I ordered :

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/893303415.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

Just buy this product, then inside your order, ask the seller to have celling ou wall brackets (depending of your installation), center opening, you want to use the curtain with home automation so you need a Dooya DT52S  and the exact length you want. 

Give him around 8-10 and you will receive the product. 

Then just buy a Fibaro roller shutter 2 to connect it to the motor and be able to control it.

Thanks, and good luck.

Peter‎

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2014, 08:32:02 am »
the pull to open or close is independent from the control., all our systems have it:
- the Z-wave native motor
- the 4 wire motor + Z-Wave AC module
- the RF motor + Z-Wave to dry contact module
info@zwavemotors.com

Hi

Please can you confirm which motors you are using that are native Z-wave built in to them? For curtain track rails?

Or are you talking about the tubular Z-wave motors I can see on your website for roller blinds?

Thanks

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2014, 08:43:13 am »
Hi

Looking on Aliexpress here for a Dooya DT52S track kit (3 metres) is 205.17 GBP including shipping.

On that Thai website that was linked too the same 3m kit is only 119.80 GBP which is a big difference! I'm not sure what the shipping cost is on top of that? So has anyone ordered from this site https://shop.clever.in.th ?

How easy was it to wire the DT52S motor to the Fibaro Shutter module? Any diagrams?

My wife is Thai might get her to call them up on the phone and see what the deal is.

Many thanks.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2014, 09:11:34 am »
So with the DT52S motor can you still manually pull the curtain(s) to start a close / open operation?

Cheers

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2014, 09:24:29 am »
I just found a really nice blog here with photos and videos talking about the Dooya DT52S and the Fibaro Shutter module and Vera. Wiring sounds very simple.

"Wiring is simple. I ignore the S1 and S2 connectors as I won't be adding any physical switches. So the connectors I am interested in are: N for Neutral, L for Live, O1 for Direction 1, and O2 for Direction 2."

"The wiring coming from the bottom goes to the wall plug. From the top is from the motor. As you can see, I plugged the brown and blue from the wall into L and N connectors on the relay respectively. The smaller black and brown wires plugged into O1 and O2 are from the motor. That's it. Really simple."

He even used an Aeon Minimote to control the curtains!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:46:19 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2014, 09:37:26 am »
Looks like there are 3 different versions of the DT52S motor, different wattage / power ratings for different weight curtains.

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2014, 10:37:33 am »
@cw-kid :

Hi, you made a lot of research by your own.

The motor Z-wave motor is talking is a normal motor that they add a other part at the bottom that make it zwave. The track and the motor run around 400$ each, it's pricy.

The bloc you found is exactly the link I was going to post here for you. It tell you a lot of informations about the curtain track and the fibaro module.

For the curtain track, why dont you buy it from the supplier name : The friend Group on AliExpress ? You will see in the picture that the motor is not a Dooya DT52S, but just send him a email before ordering and he will change the motor to a Dooya DT52S free of charge. I ordered 4 curtain track (+/-18 feets)  with with the motor for around 110$ US each. You can even send him your Windows size dimension and he will make them custom size free of charge too.

This is the cheapest store to buy the curtain track!!

Also, dont buy from the other link you posted : shop.clever.in.th.... I ordered 4 Fibaro US module from them and 2 months later, I didnt receive yet. I had to open a dispute on Paypal for the website to answer me and finally I just received back my money after two months and no products was sent... My worst website experience so far.

For the Fibaro module go to EUROX10 and buy your fibaro module from them. Depending where you are, they will ask fibaro to make it in that frequency. No problem for US model even if Fibaro is not launch officialy in the US. Just send them a email and list the item you need. Carlos from the website reduce my total by more than 25% and I got a extra Fibaro LED strip controller free. Not bad at all

For your last question, no, you cannot manually pull the curtain to start or close with the Dooya DT52S. You need to wire ? dual switch next to the window to the fibaro module for open/close without the use of vera. No motor can do that by the way.

So just follow my advice and for around 200$ US for each windows, you get everything you need. + shipping.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2014, 11:17:08 am »
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I will check out the seller you mentioned on Aliexpress.

I have just discovered a website called taobao.com and a seller on there here.
Prices look pretty cheap! I have no idea how to order from this website though, so I have emailed a Taobao agent to see if they can arrange it all and get me prices etc, will let you know if I get any response.

Some of the Somfy motors you can manually pull the curtain to start it going. I will have to wire in a wall switch then near the curtain as you suggested and connect it to the Fibaro relay.

Regards

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2014, 11:23:02 am »
Aliexpress.com is more for normal customer.

Taobao.com is own by Alibaba too, but more aim at supplier than customer. So sometime, you have to buy like 10 times the same thing and then they will sell it to you.