We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration  (Read 109615 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Affordable Electric Curtain Tracks - Z-wave integration
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:43 am »
If it is not possible to purchase the NWD Z-wave motor?

I am wondering if the Dooya DT52E (Zig-bee) motor could be used with the Duwi blind module ?

The first image below shows Dry Contact wiring, could these be wired in to a Z-wave blind control module ?
The second image is the Z-wave duwi module wiring for 230v motors.

In this setup you would have the Dooya RF (Zig-bee) hand held remote control and possibly the Dooya wall controller as well. And then hard wire a Z-wave blind module in to the wall and connect to the DT52E motors dry contact for Home Automation control via Vera.

Any thoughts ?

EDIT: Duwi-Module-Wiring.jpg is from the Duwi user manual i.e. not the Z-wave.me version.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:34:17 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 04:38:02 am »
Trying to consolidate some of this information, I have added a table .doc to the first post here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:21:38 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 06:58:46 am »
I am currently talking to technical at HC China Limited, hopefully they are working out a HT-100 system / solution for me.

My requirements are:

230V Curtain Motor - Can be hard wired in to the wall / house electrics. (I don't like the idea of having to plug-in a DC power adapter with cables visible.)

Hand held Remote Control - IR (Infra-Red) preferred, so I can program my Logitech Harmony universal remote controls to open / close curtains.

3rd Party Home Automation Control - Need to be able to wire in the Z-wave blind control module. I will then be able to automate the curtains using VeraLite.

Single curtain track / Center opening curtains / Motor on the left / Wall mount brakets

Optional:

Wall Controller - I may not need a wall controller from them. Because if we can integrate the Z-wave module I can use my existing Z-wave wall controllers to open / close the curtains.

Note: Although there is a HT-100 wall controller with in-built IR. If I use this I will not put a paddle switch cover on the Duwi blind module and would instead hide the Duwi blind module in a back-box inside the wall.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 12:02:40 pm »
Sent NWD a second inquiry directly via email.
If I don't get a response again - I will scratch that company... :-X
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 12:12:45 pm »
Sent NWD a second inquiry directly via email.
If I don't get a response again - I will scratch that company... :-X

Yeah I get that feeling as well, which is why I am looking at other options again and using a Z-wave blind module.

I think I might settle on the HC China LTD company & HT-100 system. They mainly offer 12V DC motors but they have got a 230V AC motor which I would prefer. It will cost more $ but it will be quieter and I can hide the wires better in the wall.

They have some decent looking IR receivers / wall controllers and remote controls as well. They also have RF remotes. I can buy them locally in the UK, should be fairly easy to wire in the Duwi module. Their guys can speak English and I understand what they are saying and their 2M track
(DC Motor) is only 105 GBP
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:41:10 pm by cw-kid »

Offline frichter09

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 10:31:33 am »
Got this email back from NWD abfter 4 days, I think Im gonna pass :)

Hello,

I AM  Q Li ,

Ok  you want a NZ-C01  US  for test.

yes , we also have track that fits this motor .

BUT now  we only have 220V for China ,if you want to use in USA,You should be a transformer , to  110V.

I will send  products to you By UPS ,and To pay the freight

THANKS
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 09:03:11 am »
Hello folks in this topic !

some solution for integration of www.remotecontrolcurtain.com ?

I have one running and I'm trying to put zwave control in that.

I was speaking about with Shady, but he is out for a time...

my doubt is if the only solution is install 2 evolve lfm-20 controllers ( one for up and one for down) (is a roller shade)
or if exist one controller with the 2 functions...

thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 09:31:40 am »
Hello folks in this topic !

some solution for integration of www.remotecontrolcurtain.com ?

I have one running and I'm trying to put zwave control in that.

I was speaking about with Shady, but he is out for a time...

my doubt is if the only solution is install 2 evolve lfm-20 controllers ( one for up and one for down) (is a roller shade)
or if exist one controller with the 2 functions...

thanks !

I am not familiar with the Evolve LFM-20 as I am based in the UK, however it looks to be a simple ON/OFF relay switch. I would think you would need two of them. You might be better using a proper Z-wave blind controller like these ESI ABMHZ modules:

http://www.smarthome-products.com/c-64-motorized-blinds-and-drapery.aspx

Have you tried contacting CurtainCall for help?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »
thanks Cw-kid !

I emailed to Tony in curtaincall. he sold for me the curtain...

back to the subject of evolve...it has a yellow wire... this yellow wire is not the common wire I need to runs the curtain...
I plug the common in yellow and up and down in each blue wire.

if this is not correct, what the function of the yellow wire in lfm-20 ?

thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 03:13:22 pm »
thanks Cw-kid !

I emailed to Tony in curtaincall. he sold for me the curtain...

back to the subject of evolve...it has a yellow wire... this yellow wire is not the common wire I need to runs the curtain...
I plug the common in yellow and up and down in each blue wire.

if this is not correct, what the function of the yellow wire in lfm-20 ?

thanks !

I dont think the yellow wire has any function.
The blue wires are used for the relay imo. I think it should state that in the directions it came with.
Flo

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »
The user manual for the Evolve LFM-20 can be seen here
The wiring diagram is not that clear.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »
I think the yellow can send a command to a switch and turn on something.
would be very good if there was a dry contact with a common wire. giving 2 options only changing the contact for a side and another with zwave enable for sure... :)

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2012, 11:26:15 am »
The yellow wire Is for adding auxiliary switches, for 3-way and 4-way control.  Like in a hallway you can have a switch on either end controlling the same light, same concept but accomplished with a low voltage trigger on the yellow wire.

I think these are the aux switches:
http://www.smarthome-products.com/p-170-homepro-as101-z-wave-3-way-companion-switch.aspx

Here is a post from someone putting it all together:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=10201.0
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2013, 07:43:36 pm »
Hi CW-Kid,

Cracking job on this (and others). 

Did any one get it up and running? would love to know if any one here in the UK has a working motorised curtain with zwave.

I shall watch with a keen eye  ;D

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »
No I never made a purchase in the end I got side tracked with other little projects that took up the cash. Still on my todo list.