We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration  (Read 14502 times)

Offline melih

• Administrator
Re: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »
Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

Thanks guys for listening. My wife will definitely appreciate it. And I will too. Happy wife means more automations  :D

Love the Slogan.... "Happy Wife More Automation" !!!! we found our marketing slogan!

Offline svaleb

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 04:55:37 pm »
Any news about Fibaro thermostat ?
(15 month) and upgrade through Vera.

Offline tbully

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 05:20:20 pm »
Still unclear somewhat...  Is the Atom or PlugHub a replacement for the existing Vera platform?  I assume so.  Will there be a way to do a clean migration?  I have 150+ ZWave devices that I had to reprogram, fix scenes, PLEG, etc when I moved to Vera Secure.

If I have to do that again, I'll do a normal bake-off between other platforms.

If it's an easy/safe migration....well...then....the choice is much easier.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 05:29:39 pm »
Still unclear somewhat...  Is the Atom or PlugHub a replacement for the existing Vera platform?  I assume so.  Will there be a way to do a clean migration?  I have 150+ ZWave devices that I had to reprogram, fix scenes, PLEG, etc when I moved to Vera Secure.

You can continue using your existing hardware. You don't have to switch.

Offline tbully

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 05:30:58 pm »

You can continue using your existing hardware. You don't have to switch.

Thanks.  I appreciate the response.  My question stemmed from the thought that if I DID choose to switch, is there a migration plan (especially for the ZWave network).

Offline pcarneyhome

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 05:36:51 pm »
Any idea when the Alexa API will be re-written to include sensors as triggers for Alexa routines?

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 05:43:47 pm »
It still amaze me how you guys are screwing us by completely ignoring Fibaro FGS223. Two years and counting.

Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch!

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

• Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled

+ Surprise integration

• Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)

This is definitely The greatest news in The last 5 months. I personally really appreciate that.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 07:02:48 pm »
It still amaze me how you guys are screwing us by completely ignoring Fibaro FGS223. Two years and counting.

Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch!

LE: Bonus fix!

• Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled

+ Surprise integration

This is definitely The greatest news in The last 5 months. I personally really appreciate that.

We always listen to your guys....just needed some time to put things in order...now you have an amazing engineering organization that can keep deliver brilliant things for you guys! This is only the start.

Offline idrabble

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 03:43:04 pm »

+ Surprise integration

Is this going to be a global release or just USA?

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 05:03:10 pm »
I need to do some research on the Atom.  I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth.   Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone?  I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2019, 05:19:18 pm »
^^^
The Specs tell you nothing.
https://ezlo.com/projects-solutions/ezlo-atom/ezlo-atom-tech-spec/

Might be a Atom 2, but if it's USB I don't see it having local control.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline mzpost

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2019, 06:14:46 pm »
It would be nice to see a new vera unit (no matter what its called) that has the addition of apple homekit so that its once again up to date and able to control all of the main protocols.  For me that has always been one of the advantages of Vera.  As a user you can then build a system from the various items that work best for you, ao a good hardware improvement into a next gen would be nice.

Its good to see new hardware but it feels like this is a diversion into a "consumer" product that is far from having a "pro" angle.  So far sounds like something that's aimed at selling lots on amazon but missed out most of the key bits (I get it, everyone needs revenue to stay afloat).

I've used a vera for years across many different modes but it looks like it could end up getting replaced for us as other things are becoming a more attractive option.  The wide range of apps created by the user base have been a strong pull for us for a very long time but again other mfrs are starting to catch up and providing things built in or a similar app store.  For the last few years good devs have been moving to other platforms and the excellent deves that keep their apps going for Vera are one of its stregths but they have not always been treated very well (the hue app was one example). (we're hugely grateful to those devs of the apps we rely on).

Interested to see the new hardware and firmware, hopefully the future will be bright and some of the long term issues will be resolved as the next big step comes. 

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2019, 06:48:26 pm »
My concern as well, and the small write up only mentions Z wave.   I do think there is a place for a low cost solution, but I want more than that.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:30 pm »
My concern as well, and the small write up only mentions Z wave.   I do think there is a place for a low cost solution, but I want more than that.

Offline Catman

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2019, 02:59:43 am »
I need to do some research on the Atom.  I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth.   Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone?  I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

I asked that question specifically on the thread. They both look like cloud only to me, but...

C