We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration  (Read 14467 times)

Offline Catman

Re: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2019, 01:18:21 pm »

If you want you can pay more for it :) I don't mind :) .

This is why its important to build efficient controllers and not just simply take Linux OS and get a standard Linux board and sell it as home automation.
Because we are extremely innovating engineering and R&D organization we have built amazingly efficient controllers which are extremely powerful, more powerful than what you can buy today in the market. We re-wrote the whole command classes (one of the biggest issues) and wrote our own RTOS (Real Time Operating System) optimized for home automation. Result: very cost effective, fast, stable controller. Enjoy them! (as soon as they are launched :) )

Innovation, IME, is not something that comes cheap. Hardware, yes, but skill to deliver new command classes and OS from the ground up? Very not cheap.  I'm looking forward to seeing the new products!

C

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2019, 04:06:15 pm »
> I hope you will respect all the work the developers
In our era there is saying: respect must be earned, not demanded ... :))

then let us earn it and you can start criticizing it if we don't deliver what we promised.

Offline mikeyr

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2019, 05:47:38 pm »
Melih,

As you said  "promise and deliver". This is currently an issue.....

I.e. I received an email response to a question from one of your team (SVP) who i won't name publicly but would be happy to do via PM stating that a relatively small feature was "Will be added in shortly, along w/ (long overdue)" ...... that was August and nothing has happened to date.

If the team is not going to work on something or fix, just say it! Then we can make the choice to stay or move on.

Best of luck with the new products, since i already shelled out on a hub (10 months), why do I need another one? Rather have this one do what most of us thought it could do when purchasing. Does concern me that the team will have several more products to support, all with quirks that will need ironing out.

M

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2019, 08:41:48 pm »
Melih,

As you said  "promise and deliver". This is currently an issue.....

I.e. I received an email response to a question from one of your team (SVP) who i won't name publicly but would be happy to do via PM stating that a relatively small feature was "Will be added in shortly, along w/ (long overdue)" ...... that was August and nothing has happened to date.

If the team is not going to work on something or fix, just say it! Then we can make the choice to stay or move on.

Best of luck with the new products, since i already shelled out on a hub (10 months), why do I need another one? Rather have this one do what most of us thought it could do when purchasing. Does concern me that the team will have several more products to support, all with quirks that will need ironing out.

M

We acquired the company in Aug. Our promises are made in Feb with dates...(this thread).....I can't speak to previous owner's issues. I am however happy for you to hold us responsible for our promises we make.

When it comes hardware: You don't need to buy another hardware.

Offline dpons039

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2019, 06:36:22 pm »
It looks promising and I'm looking forward for where this leads to.

Since this is about device integration... What about the Greenwave 6port? It's been a lot years and I mean A LOT of years and the Watt usage is still not displayed for each port.

Offline MarcoMomsen

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2019, 04:32:43 am »
Can we try to do "Alexa Worldwide" ? The integration is not massively different from region to region. This is one of the major features that I am missing... (Germany)
I am curious to know

Offline dalhoj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2019, 04:40:00 am »
Yes, the Greenwave 6port would be nice to have working with watt usage for each port.

👍

Since this is about device integration... What about the Greenwave 6port? It's been a lot years and I mean A LOT of years and the Watt usage is still not displayed for each port.

Offline jvanhambelgium

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2019, 11:39:22 am »
Yes, the Greenwave 6port would be nice to have working with watt usage for each port.

👍

I have 2 of them in use and they work quite OK actually.