We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration  (Read 15221 times)

Offline jlind

Re: Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 12:39:51 pm »
I haven't found any threads with what the price point will be for the new hardware.  Can we get some idea (i.e. price ranges) of what the hardware prices will be? 
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline MarcoMomsen

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2019, 01:45:51 pm »
Can we try to do "Alexa Worldwide" ? The integration is not massively different from region to region. This is one of the major features that I am missing... (Germany)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2019, 04:23:41 pm »

I am still missing the point :( why would you want to plug UZB into Atom?

Simply...What am I going to plug my RFXCom into (or other bridges, radios etc)? I already have working RF433 Hardware.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Grwebster

Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2019, 06:08:41 pm »
Can we try to do "Alexa Worldwide" ? The integration is not massively different from region to region. This is one of the major features that I am missing... (Germany)
When I got Alexa going, my family actually started using the home automation system.  It was the missing link.  Automation via Alexa and Google Home is exploding right now.  A lot of people are not using a hub, and I think that will eventually be a problem for those people when internet is down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:07:37 pm by Grwebster »

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2019, 09:41:59 pm »
I haven't found any threads with what the price point will be for the new hardware.  Can we get some idea (i.e. price ranges) of what the hardware prices will be?

I would like it to be around $25-$30 :)

Offline fje

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2019, 02:37:06 am »

Good price level for the small ones, but would it be any possibility of develop another one "ethernet cable connected" as another colleague asked for? Wi-Fi is not 100% reliable 100% of time....

Thanks.

Javier

Offline Catman

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2019, 10:13:17 am »

I have to say that seems *too* cheap.

C

Offline fje

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:29 am »
Remember Melih's comment: "Why to buy a plug and a controller if can have both for a lower price?"

If the result is good and the quality high, the number of devices sold can justify a lower price. And for many sites it can be a very good solution.

My only concern is not to have something similar "cable connected", wifi sometimes is not secure enough and can have disruptions.

J.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2019, 11:09:35 am »

Good price level for the small ones, but would it be any possibility of develop another one "ethernet cable connected" as another colleague asked for? Wi-Fi is not 100% reliable 100% of time....

Thanks.

Javier

totally.
we have multiple versions..including ethernet enabled....
we will provide you the widest range of powerful, efficient cost effective hub/controllers.

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2019, 11:13:41 am »

If you want you can pay more for it :) I don't mind :) .

This is why its important to build efficient controllers and not just simply take Linux OS and get a standard Linux board and sell it as home automation.
Because we are extremely innovating engineering and R&D organization we have built amazingly efficient controllers which are extremely powerful, more powerful than what you can buy today in the market. We re-wrote the whole command classes (one of the biggest issues) and wrote our own RTOS (Real Time Operating System) optimized for home automation. Result: very cost effective, fast, stable controller. Enjoy them! (as soon as they are launched :) )

C

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2019, 11:15:19 am »

This is why its important to build efficient controllers and not just simply take Linux OS and get a standard Linux board and sell it as home automation.
Because we are extremely innovating engineering and R&D organization we have built amazingly efficient controllers which are extremely powerful, more powerful than what you can buy today in the market. We re-wrote the whole command classes (one of the biggest issues) and wrote our own RTOS (Real Time Operating System) optimized for home automation. Result: very cost effective, fast, stable controller. Enjoy them! (as soon as they are launched :) )

C

Blah blah blah, I will take that back as soon as it is really so far and proven as promised.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2019, 11:18:19 am »

C

Blah blah blah, I will take that back as soon as it is really so far and proven as promised.

Sender...stop being rude! Its against forum rules.
happy for you to come and engage and contribute.
but using words like "blah blah blah" is very rude and reflects badly on you.. especially when you use those words about a product we haven't launched yet...it clearly shows you are simply choosing to be negative with no facts or basis.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2019, 11:24:19 am »
Yes Meloh, sorry if it is rude. But I really love(d) Vera, but I do not love the way the support and development is, especially zwave support. I do not mean to be rude to you personally, but the forum is now full of promises and timeframes and roadmaps and developmentteams etc. But there is no output... and that is very disappointng.

I will take back the blah blah blah and will use blih blih blih then ok?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2019, 12:39:58 pm »
Yes Meloh, sorry if it is rude. But I really love(d) Vera, but I do not love the way the support and development is, especially zwave support. I do not mean to be rude to you personally, but the forum is now full of promises and timeframes and roadmaps and developmentteams etc. But there is no output... and that is very disappointng.

I will take back the blah blah blah and will use blih blih blih then ok?

We have stated the delivery times. I wish we were superman and delivered it instantly. All the developers working amazingly hard. I hope you will respect all the work the developers are doing.

Offline ivx

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »
> I hope you will respect all the work the developers
In our era there is saying: respect must be earned, not demanded ... :))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 01:41:08 pm by ivx »