We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Intermatic CA3000 blinking on VeraPlus  (Read 312 times)

Offline Experiment

Intermatic CA3000 blinking on VeraPlus
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:02:05 pm »
Since I moved from VeraLite (OS 1.5) to VeraEdge and now VeraPlus my 2 switches Intermatic CA3000 start to blink for no reason. Well, I have noticed that it may be related to power failures, but is not always. It may take days to start blinking after a power failure.
What is weird is that even when blinking they work for a while but no more than a week until I have to pair it again.
Then the cycle restart and this happens at least once every 2 months for both switches.
Does anybody have same problem? I think this should be a common problem to all people that own this switch in the new OS.

Best Regards,

Offline Ionut A

• Global Moderator
Re: Intermatic CA3000 blinking on VeraPlus
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 07:02:30 am »
Hello,

Interfaces CA3000 are old devices and, to my knowledge, this behavior is reproduced only on controllers using the Z-Wave Plus chip, such as VeraEdge, VeraPlus and VeraSecure. If you keep them on VeraLite or Vera 3, they should work fine.
A better solution to avoid re-pairing these devices, is to restore a backup file directly from your account. Login from: https://home.getvera.com/users/login, then go to Settings > Backup and restore a good backup file with the "Restore Z-Wave network" checked.

Offline Experiment

Re: Intermatic CA3000 blinking on VeraPlus
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 04:54:01 pm »
Thanks, good to know. So, do you think this can never be fixed by Vera? It is not a bug but an incompatibility of hardware?

Luckily there is a feature called something like "Replace Damaged Device" on Advance tab. That makes everything easier without the need to change my Luup code, but still it is a painful process because I need to move the controller near the Switch to recognize it again.

I keep this switched because they were the only 3 ways switches I now, but I have a new one that seems to be similar innovalli.