We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to smartify my old halogen lamp  (Read 176 times)

Offline Domoworking

How to smartify my old halogen lamp
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:14:56 pm »
I would like to add a Smart dimmer to my old halogen lamp. But I could not find any external device with an easy to use physical control for the dimmer.
I'm now trying to build a small box with a Fibaro dimmer, a plug and a button, but the look is not very charming.
Any suggestion? Pls note I need EU compatibility....

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: How to smartify my old halogen lamp
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:48:15 am »
For EU, the only options would be the in-wall modules from Fibaro, Aeon Labs or Qubino, to which you can attach an external control button.
If you're using it outdoors you can always put it in a weatherproof plastic enclosure.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: How to smartify my old halogen lamp
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:55:44 am »
I have successfully used some cord similar to this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E27-EU-Light-Bulb-Socket-Lamp-Holder-220V-With-1-8M-Power-Cable-Cord-White-Portable/32863848604.html

Just cut the bulb connector and attach a normal plug connector. You can then attach it to any non-zwave device.
By using a box at the end, you can make it certainly less ugly on the visible zone.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more