We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Philio PIR getting lost  (Read 207 times)

Offline Gavo

Philio PIR getting lost
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:39:01 pm »
Hello,

I have a Philio PIR in a room in my house (a bungalow) and my Vera Plus is in the loft at the other end of the house. I paired the PIR by moving it within 10' of the Vera Plus (more or less beneath). Then in order to get it to work in the chosen location I placed an Aeotec Z wave repeater in the loft above where the PIR is. The repeater then has roughly 30' of clear space through the loft to the Vera.

All works most of the time, then the PIR gets lost - the logs show nothing even with movement directly in front of the PIR. To get it working again I have to click into (via the Vera GUI) the repeater device and tell it to "update neighbor nodes" - then it works fine.

Is there some setting I need to change ?

Thanks

Gavin

Offline Ionut S

• The handler
  • Global Moderator
  • A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity
Re: Philio PIR getting lost
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 02:37:56 am »
Hey, seems a bit hard to figure out the best thing to do without a bit of "try this and that and this and wait, go back", but as a starting point you can try to add the Repeater into the Neighbors list of your sensor, you can add them from Device Menu -> Advanced -> Neighbors.  The list supports Node IDs and not Device IDs, so please beware of that, Vera logs the Node ID under "Params" as an "altid", so into the Neighbors list you should see something like: Neighbors: 1, 2, 3..etc. it mostly depends on existing Node IDs into the network (1 is Vera's z-wave network btw).

You can check both lists (on each device) and see if they are seen as "Neighbors" or not, if the list is not populated at all, please reconfigure the device while close to the unit (leave the device close for about 1-2 mins after the inclusion process) to make sure that the controller will see it properly and use it to relay messages.

I think this is the first step in trying to solve the issue. Oh and if you are using multiple units (bridge or not) you might want to include both devices on the same unit, ideally to the closest unit.

If the issue persists and you can't figure it out, I suggest emailing us with the exact details (or the link to this page) and give us access to your unit through Settings -> Customer Care -> Enable (paste the string into the email) so we could check it too.

I hope you can find something useful to work with. cheers!
Slow and steady till' you're ready.
- Customer Care -

Offline Gavo

Re: Philio PIR getting lost
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:37:12 am »
Thankyou.

In the neighbors list of the repeater I saw the node id of the Veraplus and the Philio PIR.

In the list on the PIR it was blank so I have added the node id of the repeater.

Hopefully that will improve matters, presumably these node ids take part in some sort of routing table or whatever it is called in a Z wave network.

Regards

Gavin