We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [Altsteon] KeypadLinc Help  (Read 12968 times)

Offline PurdueGuy

Re: [Altsteon] KeypadLinc Help
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »
I have a relay KPL with DevCat 2 / SubCat 44
I just picked up a relay KPL and mine is also 2/44.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline fba

• If it ain't broke, I ain't touched it yet.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 10:45:58 pm »
I probably should have been more clear, but now I have to ask a stupid question.   What command did you use, or log file did you read to get those values?  All of them could be either hex or decimal, and I think the log puts them out in hex and the UI puts them out in decimal.  (Not really ideal.  We should probably fix that.)

For DevCat 1, SubCat 12, if I assume those values came from the UI which means in hex it would be 0C.  For DevCat 01, the current Subcats that are known are
(in hex) : 09, 0A,0C,1B, and 1C.   1A is also in there for the current build, but according to the Smarthome documentation, 1A is actually an in-line link dimmer, so I pulled it out.

For DevCat 2, SubCat 44 (2C in hex) there is no listing in the current documentation.  (But, it is obviously wrong. ;)    For DevCat 02, the current Subcats that are known are 09 and 1E.  And in a second when I push this commit it will include 2C. ;)

Can you guy verify for me where you got your subcat numbers so I can be sure that I am reading this correctly?

BTW - I am going to make a post about nightly builds some time tonight.  You may want to check that out to see how you can verify the changes. ;)
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline RyanAHolland

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 10:51:21 pm »
You are correct, i pulled mine from the ui, so i assume it is in DEC.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline wgs

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »
The DevCat 2 SubCat 44 was the result of the list command in altsteon_cli. Thanks for your support on this. It's so much better than the native insteon support.

Offline fba

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »
Okay, it looks like the LUA code was missing subcat 0x09 with devcat 0x01.   And, I added devcat 0x02 subcat 0x2c to both the daemon and the LUA code.

If you want to test it out, you can grab the nightly build tomorrow.
Vera 3, Altsteon, (Insteon: Relay (Smarthome & Icon), Dimmer (Smarthome), Keypadlinc, 2420M, Triggerlinc, IOLinc, Garage Hawk, Venstar Thermostat, Fanlinc, MI lock, Appliancelinc, Synchrolinc, iMeter), CurrentCost, (Z-Wave: Schlage lock, GE Appliance switch), AutHomation

Offline Teammac

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »
I just purchased a Keypadlinc with DevCat 01 SubCat 41 Ver 43 (cmd in Putty). The UI shows DevCat 1 SubCat 65 and Ver 67. How can I research if this Keypadlinc is compatible with Altsteon. I have a Veralite with Insteon PLM. I've added the KPL and all the files and I only have control of the main on/off load, no scenes. Everything appears good, Alsteon is running, PLM responds....just no scenes. Thanks

Offline fba

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 04:26:51 pm »
What do you mean by "no scenes"?   That the scene controller tile doesn't show up?  Or that you can't control the scenes on the KPL from the Vera?  Or something else?

Offline Teammac

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 06:26:02 pm »
The controller shows up as dimmer. I can control the main on/off from the vera UI and add it to a scene. There is a "#_2 Scene Controller" which I'm able to select when adding a trigger however, when I add the scene number to correspond with the letters on the keypadlinc, I get no response in the scene. I've the deleted the controller and re-added it but the "#_2 Scene Controller" doesn't delete so I'm not sure it was created when I added the keypadlinc. When I run altsteon_cli, I can control the main on/off also, when I push a scene button on the kpl leaving the command window open, each button responds in the command window as scene 8, 7, 6 etc....

Offline Teammac

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »
Sorry for the post. Looks like my KPL DevCat 01 SubCat 41 isn't recognized as a KPL. Just needs to be added. Thanks again.

Offline RyanAHolland

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 07:13:17 am »
So I am running the latest nightly and I am having a couple of issues with my KeyPad.
1. I have a load device, but no scene controller.
2. I cannot control the load device.  It seems to see the state of the load (if I turn it on by the wall switch, it registers the change).
3. The load randomly turns on. I will wake up in the morning and the lights will be on in that room.  Nothing in Vera is telling it to turn on, it just does.  It also doesn't seem to turn on to 100%, but to like 76%.

My device shows up as: DevCat : 1    SubCat : 12    DevVer :45    InsteonVer :0.

Thanks.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »
So I am running the latest nightly and I am having a couple of issues with my KeyPad.
3. The load randomly turns on. I will wake up in the morning and the lights will be on in that room.  Nothing in Vera is telling it to turn on, it just does.  It also doesn't seem to turn on to 100%, but to like 76%.
You are the third person I have seen report this.  I have been looking into it briefly.
I have looked at the Vera logs, and I do not see that Vera commanded the light to turn on, but was notified by the daemon that the light had turned on.   I setup a log to capture the Alsteon daemon output, and need to review that.

Offline scravott

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »
I am having the same issues as RyanHolland and I have also had on two occasions instances where one of my keypad links starts behaving strangely.  What happens is that when I hit the H scene button all the buttons on the keypadlinc except the load button light up.  All the button seem to work properly but when I press H they all light up.  I called Insteon tech support thinking my kids may have screwed something up but they couldn't figure it out.  So I had to reset it twice and relink everything.  Maybe this is also related to something with Altseon.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »
I am having the same issues as RyanHolland and I have also had on two occasions instances where one of my keypad links starts behaving strangely.  What happens is that when I hit the H scene button all the buttons on the keypadlinc except the load button light up.  All the button seem to work properly but when I press H they all light up.  I called Insteon tech support thinking my kids may have screwed something up but they couldn't figure it out.  So I had to reset it twice and relink everything.  Maybe this is also related to something with Altseon.
Does it happen instantly?  If you unplug Vera and try, do the buttons still light up?

Offline scravott

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 07:09:38 pm »
I am not definitely sure but I think they do even with Vera off.  I know before I reset them I tried to reboot Vera multiple times without correction of the problem and I believe I killed the altsteon process and still had the same issue.  I understand the logic that if Vera is removed From the equation that It would probably be related to something external, but I was thinking along the lines that there maybe some inadvertent programing of a keypadlinc feature, such as the group radio buttons feature by alsteon which is retained by the keypad.  I have also had the intermittent turning on of the load switch lights like Ryan Holland.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 07:12:23 pm »
This is probably redundant, but I would delete links to/from the KPL, then reset it again.
Keep Vera and the PLM off, try out button H.   Maybe link it as controller to a couple devices, and see.
Then slowly build things back up.

I also have the "random light turns on" at times...I'm still investigating that one myself.