We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Temperature sensor display no decimal value?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline nanotube

Temperature sensor display no decimal value?
« on: October 12, 2012, 02:02:42 pm »
I have to say this is by far the best out of 4 or 5 different iPhone apps I have tried. Well worth the price.

Here's my question: I am using HomeWave app to monitor my Oregon Scientific temperature sensors which work fine. However the display only shows 70.0F, 69.0F etc. even though my sensors work to the first decimal (70.3F). The decimal shows in my Mios dashboard and in luup codes. So is it a design flaw? Also what is the polling frequency of the app? The display stays 70.0F for so long sometimes I was wondering it was not refreshing (actual temperature varies from 70.1 to 70.4F in the meanwhile).

Offline intveltr

Re: Temperature sensor display no decimal value?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
Correct, there's a bug.  Only whole degrees are shown even if the decimal point is displayed.  The next patch contains a fix :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21:18 am »
Hi Intveltr - when do you think you will have an update out to show the decimal point?

I have Oregon Scientific sensors installed now via the rfxrtx433 plugin so I'm benefitting from seeing the decimals point in all my temperature sensors now..

Offline intveltr

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:41:55 am »
The next version is almost done, a few minor bugs to be worked out and some icons to be added.  I expect to submit it to the app store around the end of the week, then it'll be 1-2 weeks before it is available.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.