We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Door Sensor --> Siren delay from scene  (Read 292 times)

Offline benC

Door Sensor --> Siren delay from scene
« on: March 10, 2019, 04:58:05 pm »
Hi,  wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am having.

We have 5 Aeotec Door Window Sensors GEN5 ZW120 and are trying to get them to trigger on open to a Vision ZM1601 siren.

I have setup a Scene that connects the Sensors to the siren but there is a terrible LAG when the door opens, before the siren sounds.   I need it to be within 7 Seconds, as this is a Pool door, and there are regulations.  At present it is taking about 14 seconds.

To test I have sent the action to a Hue light, instead, and that lights immediately on the trigger of the door opening.  (admittedly both the vera edge ,and hue bridge are on ethernet), I just don't know why the trigger -> action takes so long on Zwave.  I can swith the siren directly, and it works in 2 seconds, so its not a coverage issue.  Its something in the Vera Edge maybe queueing the scene or who knows what.

What can I check?  I understand there could be conflicts with uPNP, or maybe too much polling etc. and I need to change the polling timings to minimize.  Currently running defaults.

We have a few devices, I have 3 x Aeotec Multi sensor 6, 5 x ZXT120 aircon, 3x Dome Door/Window,  Hue Bridge with about 15 lights, 3 x Aeotec Smart switch 6, 2 x Aeotec Roller Shutter, and 1 Aeotec inwall.    Plus a Netatmo, Harmony on lan with plugins.

What would be the optimal polling for these.  Other than the door/window sensors, all are powered.

Any suggestions or what I should look at for logs would be appreciated, so I can track what is happening.

One thing I thought, maybe getting another gateway would work, just for this single purpose, $100 is a better spend if it works.

Offline TechPigeon

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Door Sensor --> Siren delay from scene
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:47:40 pm »
You could try using Lua coding to speed up the process, the code below should activate the Siren

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", {newTargetValue = "1"}, <DEVICE ID>)

You can put it in your Scene near the end and replace your Siren in Step 2 of the Scene creator.