Author Topic: Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration  (Read 52193 times)

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
Re: Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 01:45:36 pm »
Yep. I've now got Tasker setup to lock my door when I leave the house. It took hours of my time to get even this far.

Now on to fry bigger fish. Is there a way to control Tasker from Vera? For example it would be nice to have Vera turn the ringer on my phone off when I'm in bed.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »
I have Tasker informing Vera when i'm in bed.
Top floor wifi and charging = switching a virtuel switch in Vera and let pleg do the rest.

I guess you could use "Vera Alerts" and use different notifications for different profiles in Tasker.
For profile use:
Event>UI>Notification / select "Vera Alerts" and State>Variables>Variables Value / name %NTITLE / matches / and in Value use the same phrase you are sending from the "Vera Alerts" in Vera.

Is it possible to make AutHomation work as a plugin to tasker and maybe have feedback to tasker?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:26:18 pm by riclun80 »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »
I have Tasker informing Vera when i'm in bed.
Top floor wifi and charging = switching a virtuel switch in Vera and let pleg do the rest.

I guess you could use "Vera Alerts" and use different notifications for different profiles in Tasker.
For profile use:
Event>UI>Notification / select "Vera Alerts" and State>Variables>Variables Value / name %NTITLE / matches / and in Value use the same phrase you are sending from the "Vera Alerts" in Vera.

Is it possible to make AutHomation work as a plugin to tasker and maybe have feedback to tasker?

Since I do not use Tasker, this would not be high priority for me. My time is also very limited right now. Most of the controls are exposed via the intents provided in the thread for use with Tasker and Llama. It may require a little more work on your end, but should be enough for integration into these apps.

- Garrett

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »
NFC Task Launcher was updated today and I think there is now an issue with how it works with AutHomation. Whenever I try to run a scene via an NFC tag NFC Task Launcher crashes.

EDIT:

It appears to be an issue with NFC Task Launcher and the developer has promised that there is a new version hitting the market soon which will address the issue.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:54:03 pm by S-F »
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline ChrisAZ

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:17 pm »
I'm trying to use the binary switch intent to change a virtual switch, but it's not working. I'm able to get the intents to change actual devices without issue, but no luck on my virtual switch. Is this a known limitation, or am I doing something wrong?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:01 am »
I havent added support for the virtual switch for the intents. The virtual switch uses a different device type than the binary switch. I'll try and get this added in the next beta release.

- Garrett

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 05:01:14 am »
I have tasker changing 4 Virtual ON/OFF Switches without any problems.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 05:10:14 am »
You are correct, I just checked the code and it is in there. I got mixed up and was referring that the virtual switch function is not yet implemented into the voice recognition part. To issue an intent for the virtual switch, you'll need to use the following:

For on:
authomation://device/vera_serial/device_id/on

For off:
authomation://device/vera_serial/device_id/off

This will work with devices that have a device type of "BinaryLight:1", "DimmableLight:1", or "VSwitch:1".

- Garrett

Offline ChrisAZ

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:34 am »
Turns out it is an issue with NFC Task Launcher. If you have the "open in background" option checked when you create a task calling a URL, it won't execute properly. Once I recreated the task with that unchecked, it worked fine.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:51 am »
Glad to hear it is working for you.

- Garrett

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:30 pm »
Tasker is a fantastic Android app. The only problem is to figure out what to do with it.

Here is my setup with Tasker, AutHomation and the Vera plugin PLEG. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,48.0.html

I have 2 Tasker profiles for controlling 2 virtuel switches (per phone) in Vera with AutHomation intents:
Home. Changes the "Rhome" switch when the phone is connected to my home wifi ssid + changes phone sound level and switches pattern lock off.
Bed. Changes the "Rbed" switch when connected to my top floor wifi bssid and to the phone charger + puts the phone in silent.

In PLEG I have a couple of conditions:
Lights out = (ABed or ANotHome) and (RNotHome or RBed)
Outside Light = ((tNight; RHome) or (tNight; AHome)) and tNight
Welcome home light = (LivingFree; OutsideLight; FrontDoorOpen) and LivingFree and OutsideLight
LivingFree = ABed or ANotHome or RBed or ANotHome       (Needed for the prevues condition so lights only come on if the lower floor is unoccupied)

Its not perfect but its working. I hope someone else also have some nice profiles/ideas to share.
Automated phone, automated house.

Offline silencery

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 07:27:42 pm »
Ric,

That's a great idea.  Thanks for sharing. 

Just one question if you don't mind: how do you use tasker to determine if you're home or not?  Is there a transparent method?  I'm using wifi signals, but I find it's not accurate since our phones go into sleep mode often enough to trigger the "away" switch. 

I'm thinking about using NFC tags at the door, but this really kills the convenience since the phone has to be on and unlocked in order for the scan to work.

I've considered using cell towers, but there are plenty of times when we're out walking in the neighborhood (and away from the house), so it may not be precise enough.

Offline silencery

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 02:53:25 pm »
Just curious.  Is it possible to have vera communicate the other way?  I.E. send intents to tasker on scene trigger such as a motion sensor tripping or temperature reaching a certain degree?

Offline Ric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 04:11:53 pm »
Yes I use State / WiFi connected but you need to go in to setting (of android), Wifi and advanced wifi settings, select "always" in the "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" (it actually saves you battery when connected to wifi).
The home enter task consists of: stop task home exit, wait 10 seconds and then send intent.
The home exit task: wait 5 minuts, send intent if profile home not active.
This works with switching between my 2 wifi access points.

The other way is possible if you have the "Vera alerts" app and let Tasker decode its notification to tasks.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 04:42:10 pm »

The other way is possible if you have the "Vera alerts" app and let Tasker decode its notification to tasks.

Could you please elaborate on how to do this?