We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration  (Read 67414 times)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
So I see intents to set data, but what if i want to get data?  From a window sensor for example.  and then take actions in Tasker based on this setting...

I have looked and looked and must be missing a post about it...

Jon,

I replied to your email a few minutes ago. This feature is not currently implemented into the app. It has been requested and there has been some discussion on it on the forum. It is on the todo list but I can not tell you if and when it will be implemented.

- Garrett

Offline djassa1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »
Chimpware,

Are you using the beta version or the one from the market? Only the tasker integration is available in the current betas that you can download from this forum.

- Garrett

Hi Garret,

is it still the case? Could you tell us for example when Trigger will be supported on the beta versions?

Thanks

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »
Chimpware,

Are you using the beta version or the one from the market? Only the tasker integration is available in the current betas that you can download from this forum.

- Garrett

Hi Garret,

is it still the case? Could you tell us for example when Trigger will be supported on the beta versions?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking for. You can enter the custom intent uri in trigger now or issue a Tasker task.

- Garrett

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2014, 10:12:21 am »
I use AutHomation and Tasker for Geofencing. I have several virtual switches for when I'm home or wifes home and I'm trying to combine to a MultiSwitch.

I might be missing it but after I make a task and try to set an action > Plugin > AutHomation HD Device > Virtual switch  I don't see my multiswitch only the regular virtual switches. Am I missing it or you running a scene?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:07 am »
As long as you are using AutHomationHD 3.3.0.2 or higher, you should be able to select your multiswitch device. You will need to select the correct device and in the control drop down, it should highlight Multiswitch.

- Garrett

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2014, 11:51:04 am »
As long as you are using AutHomationHD 3.3.0.2 or higher, you should be able to select your multiswitch device. You will need to select the correct device and in the control drop down, it should highlight Multiswitch.

- Garrett

Force closed Tasker and AutHomation then restarted both. Now "MultiSwitch" is on the list. Thanks!

Offline silencery

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2014, 07:41:25 pm »
So I see intents to set data, but what if i want to get data?  From a window sensor for example.  and then take actions in Tasker based on this setting...

I have looked and looked and must be missing a post about it...

There's a workaround for this based on the instructions here http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Requests#Accessing_Vera_remotely_through_the_MiOS_servers.

Try the following:
  • To test, select Add action - select "Alert" then "Flash"
  • In the Flash configuration page, enter %HTTPD in the text field
  • If everything is working, tasker will flash the status value of your vera device when you hit Play to test. After checking, you can use the %HTTPD variable however you like

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2014, 08:07:11 pm »
@silencery

*Forward Compatibility Alert*
Going through the forward servers will not work on UI6 and UI7 ...
Not only do the servers change ... but there is about 4 web requests you have to make to be able to make the request that actually does something, like the url in your example. The data for these requests is dynamic, part of the new security protocol ... Changes to this old simple strategy is going to break a lot things!

I posted details about how this works ... but it looks like MCV pulled my post ... and never told me!
Turns out the details were in an attachment ... so search did not show it.
The details are are:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24942.0.html

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:47:03 pm by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline silencery

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2014, 08:52:36 pm »
Richard,

Thanks so much for the heads up.  Yeah, it's been a while since I've had a chance to pick through the board and it certainly sounds like a lot of the UI6/7 features are going to cause a few (or more!) headaches for everyone. 

Truth be told, i generally welcome more security.  I have to admit i'm not 100% comfortable with the way vera handles it now. Let's just hope MCV can leave everything reasonably usable.  I'm sorry to hear MCV pulled your post.  I'd definitely be interested in seeing how the new features work or maybe even a roadmap.

I'm not looking forward to this migration... haha

Offline davvvvvo

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2014, 11:05:27 pm »
Hey,
Would there be any reason why i can use tasker to make to scene work but when i try to turn a light on it comes back at me with invaid control of device? strange as it works with a scene but not a light.
action- andriod.intent.action.VIEW
data - authomation://device/MYVera/3/off
target - activity
vera lite version: 1.5.6.22    authomationhd : 3.1.3.11
should i try download 3.3.0.2?

*update tried V 3.3.1.1. think it might be a tasker issue as i have a new Samsung s5
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:32:11 am by davvvvvo »
Vera lite-  remotec Zxt 120 - Aeon labs z switches

Offline rd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2014, 01:05:23 am »
Or use the home screen shortcut to go directly to the voice recognition.

- Garrett
While an easy option, it may not be exactly what some of us would like. Me for example i have a moto x and i can do a google search with just my voice w/out having to touch the phone. Now combine with xposed, a google search api, autovoice & tasker, i have it setup so i can control xbmc with out touching my phone. It would be nice to add being able to add controlling different things in my house to the list of things i can do with out having to touch my phone. Just a thought/explanation.

Did you ever figure out a solution to go directly into the the voice recognition screen? 

I would also like to basically say "Ok Vera" from any screen or the home screen and then say my voice command, or say "Ok Google, Vera turn on the kitchen lights" as one phrase and have Google Now, via autovoice, pass on "turn on kitchen lights" to Authomation's voice recognition (and not try and recreate it in Tasker with intents)

I can use the shortcut, but that still means I need a hand free and I'm not chopping vegetables or picking up a needy toddler.  Thanks.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2014, 08:39:46 am »
Google still does not allow third party developers integration into Google Now. So there is no solution at this time for this sort of integration.

- Garrett

Offline rd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Google still does not allow third party developers integration into Google Now. So there is no solution at this time for this sort of integration.

- Garrett

Not a perfect solution, but what I have worked out in case others are looking for this.  Is to use Auto Shortcut to trigger the voice features within Authomation. 

For example,  "Ok Google" -> brings up Google Now voice
"Vera" -> using AutoShortcut in Tasker brings me to the Authomation voice prompt
"Turn on kitchen lights" -> kitchen lights come on

All without touching anything.  I do have to pause between commands though.

Offline Wekurtz74

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2014, 05:18:48 pm »

- Garrett

Not a perfect solution, but what I have worked out in case others are looking for this.  Is to use Auto Shortcut to trigger the voice features within Authomation. 

"Vera" -> using AutoShortcut in Tasker brings me to the Authomation voice prompt

I think you could also try an app called Comandr for Google now.  I believe that has tasker integration also.  I recently downloaded it.  Trying to use it in a manner you suggested in this post is on my to do list list

- Garrett

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2014, 08:19:07 pm »

As stearic mentioned, AutoVoice is an option.  It would result in fewer steps.

Garrett, surely if both CommandR and AutoVoice figured out ways to do this, it must be possible.  Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate your work and I imagine there are better targets for development time but all the same...

Also, I'm not sure if others are aware, but if you need sceneids for tasker configuration and you've jumped to UI7, you need to pull them from an address such as this since there are currently unavailable in the UI.

http://[you_local_ip_number]/port_3480/data_request?id=sdata&output_format=xml