We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GreenWave PowerNodes (x1 & x5) Unstable withj VeraEdge U17  (Read 2347 times)

Offline vera-munch

GreenWave PowerNodes (x1 & x5) Unstable withj VeraEdge U17
« on: June 19, 2015, 11:06:23 am »
Hi,

is anyone else noticing that GreenWave PowerNodes are generally unstable and have pretty random behaviour when used with the VeraEdge U17? Other than not sharing the righr power usage, and having a "master" switch for multi-node devices that does not act as a master switch.

I have single powernodes and 5-way power nodes. Both types regularly lose connection with the VeraEdge (some are 20cm away and some are meters away") . The VeraEdge will turn the power sockets on and off, but never gets the confirmation - so it is forever and randomly saying "Waiting for node to reply after x retries..." - and failing to keep a relevant status. I have excluded and re-included many time to no avail. Ultimately they sit their red saying "Device failed to configure".

I do wonder whether these devices are not truly X-Wave compatible - or the VeraEdge does not know how to deal with them as a generic device.

Does anyone have any hints and tips?

thanks for your help,

cheers

Chris

Offline SadGamerGeek

• Sr. Newbie
Re: GreenWave PowerNodes (x1 & x5) Unstable withj VeraEdge U17
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:19 am »
I'm a new Z-Wave & Edge user and was so excited about the idea of z-wave powerstrips I bought 3 of these!

I've not had them going for many days. I haven't had quite as bad an experience as you, but I'm certainly not completely happy. I had an initial issue with one of them losing contact with the controller. It was three brick walls away so I thought maybe that was understandable. By adding another, different power socket  nearby in the house that problem seems to have been fixed. The power readings seem very erratic though, and suspiciously low. I'm planning to find a device with a steady current use and then compare the readings between the GreenWave and a dedicated power meter.

I read somewhere about issues when taking a reading too frequently but I'm not sure how to change that...

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:13:06 am »
Some news about greenwave 6 and Vera Edge UI7?

I noticed this:
- no master switch
- No total power measurement, but only the last powered on number is shown. So powering on 1.2.3, shows power of 3. When you shut down number 3, Vera is showing zero.

Would be great if this would work .

Offline B3rt

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 12:31:32 pm »
agreed, also an other problem is that after a while the button is starting to flash green without any reason.
According to the manual the connection is lost, but it isn't.

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »
As I got mine just this week, I Will sent ik back.

Offline logread

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 12:55:53 pm »
Some news about greenwave 6 and Vera Edge UI7?

I noticed this:
- no master switch
- No total power measurement, but only the last powered on number is shown. So powering on 1.2.3, shows power of 3. When you shut down number 3, Vera is showing zero.

Would be great if this would work .

Same experience here... Plus one other issue that is not relevant to Vera but to Greewave and that has alwready been posted on the forum somewhere: When power resumes after a loss, all sockets turn on and there is no way to change that default behavior.

But very happy with the convenience and the radio range. If MCV could fix the energy monitoring thing and Greenwave change the default behavior upon poweron, I would strongly recommend that powerstrip.
Vera Lite UI7, Fibaro FGS-221, FGS-212, FGSS-001, FGK-101, FGWPE/F-101, FGMS-001, Aeon HEM G2, GreenWave PowerNode 6,  Everspring ST-814, SE-812, Swiid SwiidInter.
Raspberry Pi2 Raspbian w/ openLuup. AltUI, SV Thermostat, Virtual Switch, Weather (openWeather), System Monitor (openSysMon), HomeWave.