General > General

7 segment display for Z-Wave

(1/3) > >>

Odysee:
Hi,

I'm searching for a display, where I can send/display data from the controller. Is there something like z-wave device? I would like to send the temperature measured from a sensor to a display (7 segment would be fine).

wilme2:
This is not as easy as it should be.  A tablet running Imperihome would probably be your best bet.

aa6vh:
Homeseer sells a zwave dimmer switch (WD200) that has seven color LEDs. The challenge would be to create code to address those LEds from Vera.

rigpapa:

--- Quote from: Odysee on March 21, 2019, 09:35:52 am ---Hi,

I'm searching for a display, where I can send/display data from the controller. Is there something like z-wave device? I would like to send the temperature measured from a sensor to a display (7 segment would be fine).

--- End quote ---

If you're a maker type (as I am), you could easily build such a beast out of a wide choice of available microcontrollers. RPi would be overkill for this, but mini boards like the Particle Photon or Adafruit Feather Huzzah would be about ideal--cheap, built-in wi-fi with HTTP service on which to make your communications protocol, and good dev tools. On the Vera end, it can be as simple as luup.inet.wget() to your device. While this puts the work in your lap, it would work with any controller or interface that can make an HTTP request. Features would be bounded only by your willingness to press your skills into service, and can thus evolve and expand over time.

Odysee:
The Homeseer switch is not that, what I'm searching for. Some simple LED on/off I could realize with Fibaro RGBW dimmer. I'm searching for a device that can display a numeric value.

I'm indeed a maker type. Soldering and a little bit programming should not be the problem. But unfortunately, I am very short of time (two children 1,5 years old ;)). So I would prefer a ready to run product at the moment. Is there really nothing to buy in this way?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version