We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Adding remote to 2 different mesh networks....  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Cor

Adding remote to 2 different mesh networks....
« on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:48 am »
Hello all,

I will first describe the situation:

Home: controlled via Vera3, mesh network includes lights, dimmers, fibaro relais, BUT also garage door and outside lights.
My gate, which is about 100 meters away from my house (and vera3). Due to this distance I have a vera lite via a network cable attached to my router and is slaved to the vera3.   The gate has a fibaro switch and some lights, which are controlled on the vera3 via the vera lite! (this all works ok).

I just recieved the remote controller from AON labs (minimote):
http://homeseer.com/pdfs/Aeon_Labs/Z_Wave_RemoteController_Instructions.pdf and included/learned it via the vera3 in my house. Setup some buttons to activate scenes and it all works nice, I can open and close my garage door and also controll the lights.

BUT, as soon as I am outside the mesh network from my vera 3 and walking to my gate , the remote is not working anymore. I was expecting when I am close to my gate the remote would still function via the vera lite mesh network.

The idea is when I appoach my gate with the car I open the gate and drive towards my house and still be able to operate the remote.

Is it possible to have this remote work on the main vera3 mesh network, but also on the slaved  vera lite mesh network?

thanks,
Cor

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Adding remote to 2 different mesh networks....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:11:54 am »
Z-wave devices can only be paired to one z-wave network at a time.

- Garrett

Offline Cor

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:35:42 am »
Crap!! 

So I have to have 2 remotes in my car to controll the gate and the garage ....  :-(

Thanks for the answer Garrett

Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:56:36 am »
oh .... it's even worse I think :-(

I just excluded the remote from the vera3 and included the remote on the vera-lite.
The remote shows up on both vera's when I logon to them via the computer. (I changed the name of the remote via the vera lite and the name change also happened on the vera3)
Do I setup the buttons via the vera lite or the vera 3?

I guessed via vera lite, I go to setup>> scene: I can add nothing, which is logic , since no scenes are programmed on the vera lite, all is programmed on the vera 3. When I want to make a scene, I cannot include lights which are on the vera3 network , vice versa is possible, I can add devices in a scene on the vera 3 from the vera lite.

So , I went to the vera 3 , tried to programm the remote via the vera 3 , and yes, all the scenes are there and I can programm the buttons using these scenes.
I went to my gate ..... nothing happened....

In short, I need to make scenes in the vera lite , but I can not include the garage and the lights (which is crap). When that is done , I can use this scene to open and close my gate , but there is NO way I can operate the garage-door and lights. I think this is strange , while this morning when I included the remote on the vera 3 , I could operate the gate which is operated with a fibaro relais controlled via vera-lite.

What am i doing wrong, if I am not doing anything wrong... how to solve my problem.

The best would be , that I can use the button to controll a scene (which includes devices from the vera 3 and vera lite , vera lite is slaved to vera 3) and activate this scene via vera lite mesh network , but also vera3 network.

But, as I read Garrets answer, this is not possible. Than the best next thing would be , to operate the remote via the vera lite network , but the scene to be operated must include devices from vera lite AND vera3..... ( of this is not easily possible I am thinking about virtual switches which are activated via ..... and operate .......)

Hope someone can help,
Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:35:51 am »
No one has an idea how to tackle this problem  :-\

Cor

Offline Cor

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
I am really the only one with an issue like this :-(

crap!!