We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Sonos plugin and Pandora  (Read 29932 times)

Offline dinochronos

Re: Sonos plugin and Pandora
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2014, 07:44:39 am »
As minor fix needs to be made when going from stop to play:

1. When I press play from the player tab the play button highlights correctly, song starts and album art is updated which is good. However the Play button on the main device window and the control tab does not highlight the first time

2. But if I press play again the second time from the player tab, control tab or the main device window then the play button stays highlighted

All of the above without refreshing.

Thanks

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2014, 08:49:26 am »
Lodomo, how's your progress on the programming for the pause button etc per last message?

Thanks

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2014, 04:06:48 am »
OK I will do the same thing for pause.

What happens when you go from stop to play using the Sonos application ? Is the Vera device updated ?

Lodomo where you able to fix the pause, just wanted to reconfirm

Thanks

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2014, 07:28:33 am »
OK I will do the same thing for pause.

What happens when you go from stop to play using the Sonos application ? Is the Vera device updated ?

Lodomo where you able to fix the pause, just wanted to reconfirm

Thanks

No free time to do that but it is only few lines of code to add. I will do it as soon as I can find time for that.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »
I just committed (in trunk) a patch that apply the same workaround to the "Pause" action.

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 02:18:25 am »
I just committed (in trunk) a patch that apply the same workaround to the "Pause" action.

Thanks Lodomo for the update, incidentally can you help me understand what that means when committing to the trunk, is that the development files to release or is there a section where I can download a patch file?

Thanks for your support on the app and making Pandora functional in Sonos !

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2014, 05:57:34 am »

Thanks Lodomo for the update, incidentally can you help me understand what that means when committing to the trunk, is that the development files to release or is there a section where I can download a patch file?

Thanks for your support on the app and making Pandora functional in Sonos !

Trunk location ( http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems/browser/trunk# ) is the place where I commit my changes but it is not a final version ready for everybody. Nevertheless, the trunk version is stable in general but sometimes with unfinished work.

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2015, 08:54:45 am »
Lodomo,

I am running into a scene scripting issue with Sonos and Pandora.  If i setup a scene while Pandora is playing and as part of the scene i add a TTS comand, which does play.  After that command I add a sonos stop command, the songs does not go to stop mode.

However if i modify the scene and remote the TTS command to say something, then the stop command in the scene works correctly.

I have  tried several things inclusive of setting up delays between TTS say script and the stop command , but still I cannot get Sonos to stop playing pandora as part of that scene.

Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2015, 10:04:40 am »
Lodomo,

I am running into a scene scripting issue with Sonos and Pandora.  If i setup a scene while Pandora is playing and as part of the scene i add a TTS comand, which does play.  After that command I add a sonos stop command, the songs does not go to stop mode.

However if i modify the scene and remote the TTS command to say something, then the stop command in the scene works correctly.

I have  tried several things inclusive of setting up delays between TTS say script and the stop command , but still I cannot get Sonos to stop playing pandora as part of that scene.

Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

Maybe do the stop command as part of a delay, say 30 seconds?

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2015, 11:07:27 am »
I had also tried that too but no success

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2015, 11:13:24 am »
How about reversing it?  Stop command immediately and TTS say command with a 15 second delay?

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »
RHINESEL - Thank you ! that worked, this is what i needed as I was creating a scene that would say : Se you later as my home away scene which would then after the TTS stop the songs from playing as well.

Not sure behind the scenes what is driving the issue relative to TTS and a stop command after.  But with your suggestion of Play (pandora ) or is already playing... then >Stop>TTS>Stop that basically works correctly to stop pandora from playing at the end of the scene.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I was about to go bald.. :)

Offline RHINESEL

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:43 pm »
Glad I could help!

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2015, 06:00:10 am »
You can find in this other topic http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30687.0.html a basic explanation why combining other commands with Say in a scene is not obvious. It is possible but then would require to define sufficient delays on commands after Say.