We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Very unhappy  (Read 9673 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Re: Very unhappy
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »
However, Z-Wave devices can talk to other Z-Wave devices on the same home network to allow group level communication. You can have a flaky device causing all of the problems.

Offline Dignan17

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 09:16:29 pm »
BIG NEWS! I'm a dolt! :D

Okay, there's a definite cause for this mystery condition. I don't know if this explains any of the original problems I'd been having with my network, but the latest problem of all my lights turning on at the same time every day has been solved with the help of the MCV people (thanks to them!).

MCV support sent reports from my logs that one of my scenes was being enacted every day at about 11:31. I didn't think it was one of my scenes, but dim levels look very different during the day than they do at night. So apparently what was turning this scene on was the main remote control I was using in my TV watching room. This puzzled me because nobody was using that remote to turn anything on, and they certainly weren't doing it at the exact same time every day (in the middle of the day when usually nobody is home).

Then it struck me: this was my main remote in our condo. Before we had Vera, I used this remote to turn our lights on at the same time every evening. It turns out the clock had gotten reset, so this remote thought 11:30am was 6:30pm, and was turning my main scene on at that time. I had thought this remote (a GE 45601) had been totally reset, but it seems the events persisted :)

So there's the explanation. Very sorry to freak out about this, but I couldn't figure out what was happening and it was very frustrating :)

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:34 pm »
Well done! It is a real annoyance when logic seems to fly out the window and at least in this case, you were able to identify the cause and eliminate your Vera. Logic and sanity returned.