We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: After a year all my duewi switches start failing  (Read 1941 times)

Offline emvrijswick

After a year all my duewi switches start failing
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:37 pm »
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody else has this problem. I've been using my duewi switches for about a year now without any real problems. Now after a year one by one all my switches are showing random switch offs. One off the switches can't even stay on for longer than 3 seconds, not even when pushing the button on the switch. I've de-associated the switch and re-associated it, without effect. Even when the switch is not associated with the vera controller, it will switch off within 3 seconds. This leads me to believe that it's a hardware problem. My question is if anybody else has this problem and/or knows the cause/solution.

I've called my supplier and he was willing to help and even offered the possibility to return the units, but that will be my last option.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Offline HaPe

Re: After a year all my duewi switches start failing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:58:49 pm »
Also have 1 switch that does that now. Bought it a year ago, just tested it then, and when I needed to use it last week, it turn the lights on and shuts of a couple of seconds later, and starts to blink red. This happen both when I control it with the Vera and when I push the button on the device (ZSA3500).

Offline emvrijswick

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »
Today I spoke with my supplier. He immediately told me I could exchange the devices for another brand and even before I told him it was duwi/duewi, he said "I assume you're talking about duwi?". It turns out that he had a return rate of about 70% on duwi/duewi power plugs  ??? Not a good sign HaPe...

I'm glad my supplier is so cooperative, I'm going to return the devices tomorrow and probably do some additional shopping in his shop  ;D

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:48:07 pm »
Is it the Duwi wall plugs causing problems, or the built-in modules?  I hope it's not the latter... I have them *everywhere* in my place; Duwi has Busch-Jaeger faceplates which is what I already had in my house.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline DRuw

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:25 am »
; Duwi has Busch-Jaeger faceplates which is what I already had in my house.
Just for your info: Duwi will not deliver the "normal" ones anymore since production seems to be stopped for these items.
The only ones which will be produced are these sets with the BJ faceplates.
In case of replacements, you will have to buy the sets soon (as soon as stock runs out...)
Got this form a supplier commonly used in the Netherlands

Offline HouseBot

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 03:38:29 pm »
Here is a link where this is also discussed (and we don't seem to be 100% sure what the issue really is).
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12500.msg93888.html#msg93888