We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Wireless Fan showing up - How to link  (Read 1266 times)

Offline solidblu

• Sr. Newbie
Wireless Fan showing up - How to link
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:06 am »
I purchased a wireless fan remote that required putting a controller inside the fan. This would allow me to operate the fan with one power wire going to the fan to dim and adjust the fan speeds with the remote controller. This was all done before I installed my Vera (this is a vera2).

Now I see this unit showing up as a Leviton Vizia Emulator. When I click on tools to check this out in Mios, It asks for a Telnet Port Number.

What do I have to do to be able to adjust the fan and light with Vera?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:19:43 pm by solidblu »

Offline solidblu

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Wireless Fan showing up - How to link
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:34 am »
Based on 35 views and no posts, either there was too much to do on this one, I didn't provide enough info to get a response or no one had any experience with it.

Tried doing search on Telnet. Didn't see much. Searched on insteon. I'm assuming that I'd need to purchase a PLM to talk to this fan controller. So based on some threads I read, I'm going to buy a GE on/off switch, leave the fan on a specific speed (using the remote) and just turn the switch on and off.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:00:30 am »
What module did you install?  If it is the generic kind from Lowes/Home Depot, I doubt it will work without some custom hardware modules, etc.  I remember a post a while back about someone considering making a module that could control multiple RF-controlled fans, but that would be more involved.

The Leviton Serial Emulator is something you would have installed from the apps section, and I don't think would automatically appear on Vera.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline solidblu

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:20:36 am »
Weird thing is that I have no leviton devices so I did not intentionally install the app. I was trying to resinstall a foscam camera and it showed up. I did buy the remote from Lowes.

I need to control the fan, so I'm going to take the easy route with a GE switch.

BTW - my middle son is a Purdue grad serving as a Naval Officer on the John C Stennis...

Appreciate your response.