We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Group Sonos players? Party Mode? then restore previous mode...  (Read 21031 times)

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
Re: Group Sonos players? Party Mode? then restore previous mode...
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 07:54:18 am »
We're you able to resume Pandora playback or does it still go to another song upon resume?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 12:41:35 pm »
We're you able to resume Pandora playback or does it still go to another song upon resume?

I changed nothing regarding this subject but read your post.
If you are able to play Pandora on a offline Sonos zone, why not doing it and grouping your other zones with it. Then exclude the offline zone when you call Say and normally I think you should get the expected behaviour.
I see nothing special to add, you have probably everything you need to do what you explain.

What is important to note for me is that you confirm that offline zones are still appearing in the network topologu.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:43:52 pm by lolodomo »

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 01:19:23 pm »
I see.  I didnt know if that was useful for you as an alternative method to offload playback and queue info to another zone while retaining current playback time in Pandora.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:07 pm »
I don't see how to enhance the callbacks. It will require at leat a new parameter to identify the offline zone ? And what to do if you have different Pandora radio on different zones and you ask to say something on all these zones ?

By the way, adding too many parameters is not wished.

Offline silverx

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 05:23:23 am »
sorry to bring up old thread

i am looking into sonos at the moment and the ability to control it with vera is extra awesome

i have a question, is it possible, this is only in my head but just want to see if it's feasible

is it possible to create a scene to start playing my music collection when i reach home, for example my motion sensor will trigger a zone to start the music. Then as i move around the house (i have few motion sensors around the house) it will then trigger that zone to continue the music, and the old zone, after 60 or so minutes without any tripped motion, it will stop. The zone which is currently playing will keep on playing and 60 minutes will be extended everytime motion has been tripped but it will also turn itself off when no one in that zone anymore

regards

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 07:27:00 am »
That is probably doable but not absolutely easy to setup. There are 2 different parts concerned, one is relative to correctly handle motion / no motion, and the other is relative to correctly handle Sonos groups. For the Sonos group part, I imagine the actions JoinGroup, LeaveGroup and UpdateGroupMembers could help you. to achieve that but you will probably have to take care about the master of the group.