Author Topic: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor  (Read 11962 times)

Offline andyvirus

JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:58:22 am »
Has anyone tried one of the JSJS LightwaveRF PIR sensors with this awesome plugin yet? I am planning to buy some (as they look nice and would match the Black Nickel dimmers i have  :) ) but was wondering how they would show up.

I assume they would be seen as a remote as they need to be paired with a light switch (for example).

Just wondering if anyone has played with one of these yet.

http://www.vesternet.com/lightwaverf-wall-mounted-motion-detector

Offline andyvirus

Re: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
OK so i purchased 4 of these to see if it fitted the bill.

Vera (through RFXtrx plugin of course) see's it and adds it as a light switch and a remote control.

As far as i can tell you have to pair it with at least 1 lightwaveRF switch for it to transmit anything so by itself it is useless, paired with a light switch or up to 6 it is seen in Vera as ON/OFF when it is triggered.

Not a bad option if it is just lights you want to turn on but as an actual PIR that you can trigger scenes from or use within a scene they are useless.

Yes you can trigger a scene once it is paired with a light but only as a secondary action as it has to trigger another lightwaveRF device first.

Also LastTriggered is not available within the plugin for switches so it cant be used within a scene. I have other motion detectors in scenes that only allow the scene to run if they have been triggered (or not) in x hours. There is not last triggered for these (until i figure out how to add that to the code which wont be any time soon as i am a beginner with LUA or the masterful lodomodo adds it to a future release if he get some spare time which lets face it is quite scarce for most of us)

Hope this helps someone  :)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »
The Progam Logic Event Generator plugin maintains a history of times of it's input triggers. This is so it can do things like trigger if an event happens more than N times in hh:mm:ss time or other general sequence expressions.

If you had a trigger called PIRSensor1 in PLEG
Than PLEG can produce a condition than can trigger your scene 10 minutes later with the following condition expression:

PIRSensor1Timeout = PIRSensor;NOW > 10:00

Add a trigger for your scene where PLEG condition PIRSensor1TimeOut is satisfied.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:23 am »
Hi All,

Could you link the sensor to a light, so it appears in vera, then remove the link to the associated light - then use the PIR to trigger a scene?

???

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 11:36:24 am »
I tried that and did not have much joy. That was the first thing I tried but I did not get consistent results. It did work for a couple of times but then it stopped working. It is possible that I did not wait for the off timer to send the off signal or the light level was greater than the thresh hold so did not trigger... More testing is needed I would say.

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:37:45 am »
@ RichardTSchaefer - Thanks! I am going to do just that! Will help with my heating scene no end!

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 11:42:20 am »
@ andyvirus

I think you can turn off light threshold completly and set the timer to re trigger to 5 seconds - with this set you may get positive results?

I must dig one out and test myself also - any one else had any joy?

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 11:58:56 am »
hmmmm - got mine out to do some testing - paired this with the light, wored well, not appeared as anything in vera though?

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 04:27:59 am »
I think the range on these are extremely bad hence why it showed up in Vera for me as i placed them close to the RFXtrx device for testing. I have kind of given up on them for now except just to turn on a very close by switch. I will come back to these at some point but decided to get proper PIR results in vera to install an alarm system (DSC 1832) and try out the DSC plugin. So far this is far more useful and reliable.

I already had wired PIR's in place from the old alarm system so just re-used them but I will do some further testing with the JSJS LightwaveRF PIR's as they do look slick.

Works well paired with a switch but thats the only real use i can find and JSJS have not replied to my enquiry email so anyone looking to buy these as an input device for Vera; Beware, it probably wont do what you want BUT I have not tested every scenario.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:30:59 am »
Hi Andyvirus,

Many thnaks.

So I tested the PIR next to the RFX (a few meters) and it made no differecne sadly.  I was hoping to get a device added that would show on when triggered and off when the trigger time elapses but I had no joy here sadly.

I too have other soloutions but had one of these so thought may as well sue if I can - if you get any joy or wnat to bounce ideas on getting these up and running let me know as it would be good to get mine working.

Many thnaks.

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
I have one of these JSJS / LightwaveRF PIR sensors. I have it triggering a scene when the switch changes to on state. Seems to work fine for me in Vera, although I do to get a lot of false triggers (without movement). Could be caused by my bad positioning it near a heat source (radiator).  I wouldn't trust these cheap devices  for security alarm, but could be a useful as presence detection for turning lights on and off etc.
jtmoore

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »
Hi jtmore,

Could you share your set up as we all don't seem to be able to even add this device?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 05:10:02 am »
I didn't do anything special to make it work, but I'll describe my setup if that helps. I have a Vera lite running firmware 1.5.408.

I've got RFXcom alpha 10 installed (it was also working on earlier version, alpha 8).
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13822.msg104001.html#msg104001

I currently have the PIR set with it's hard switches:
Brightness: M
Time: 5 mins
Learn: 1/0

I didn't do anything with pairing because I don't have any LWRF appliances. All I use LWRF for are inputs (e.g. door and motion sensors) and have Vera scenes activate z-wave appliances.

As soon as I put the batteries in and the PIR triggered, the PIR device(s) appeared in Vera. However, I do get two devices for this: an on/off switch and a scene controller (with mood buttons). In this example, I ignore the scene controller.

I then set up scene automation on the on/off device (not scene controller), triggering when a device is turned on or off.
jtmoore

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 07:34:40 am »
I will make an enhancement to let you convert the light switch in motion or door sensor.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 07:52:50 am »
Hi both,

Very many thanks for this looks promising.

I will hook my out and try once more and repor back.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2