We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor  (Read 12385 times)

Offline HaPe

Re: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »
I will make an enhancement to let you convert the light switch in motion or door sensor.

Would be nice if that worked with the Nexa Twilight switch  ( http://www.nexa.se/LBST-604-Twilight-switch.htm) too. It works the same way as the PIR-sensor above, have to pair it with a switch.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
I will make an enhancement to let you convert the light switch in motion or door sensor.

Would be nice if that worked with the Nexa Twilight switch  ( http://www.nexa.se/LBST-604-Twilight-switch.htm) too. It works the same way as the PIR-sensor above, have to pair it with a switch.

Isn't NEXA using AC protocol ? If it is, the feature is already available in my working version (trunk). You can try.

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:35 pm »

Yay!!! Thanks Lolodomo!

If you have time and it is simple, I have a bunch of power sockets that show up as lights also. i don't know if there is a standard icon for a wall socket but it operates in much the same way as a light switch, just wish the icon was different.

I have JSJS (LightwaveRF) door contacts, motion sensors, light switches and power sockets so if you need me to test anything, let me know.
 I have also converted a JSJS door contact to a bed presence sensor which shows ON when no one is in bed and OFF when there is someone in bed. I would prob change this to a door sensor so it looks better than an Icon and I could ARM/Bypass it during non sleeping hours.

The most important thing for me is the ability to Arm/Bypass for motion sensor and door sensors and not to have loads of mood controls for devices that are just plain on or off.

Thanks Again!!!

Offline jtmoore

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:52 pm »
I too have modified a LWRF door contact sensor as a bed occupy presence detector. Glad to see I'm not the only one ;)
I agree that it would be good to remove the mood controllers for these and other on/off use cases.
jtmoore

Offline HaPe

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

Isn't NEXA using AC protocol ? If it is, the feature is already available in my working version (trunk). You can try.

Yes it is. How can I do that?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 04:06:54 pm »
You have an explanation in the first message of this topic: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13875.0.html

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 04:47:14 pm »
You can now change to a motion sensor or door sensor device for LightwaveRF.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13875.msg111965.html#msg111965

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:26 am »
Thanks Lolodomo! I have tested the conversion of a LWRF Motion Sensor and Door Sensor and both converted flawlessly. Will test that they function as expected tonight.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:21 am »
Hi andyvorus,

Keen to hear how you get on :)

Thanks lodamo :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline skinnez

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 05:06:12 pm »
Hi all,
Im running beta 1, but I have two LW PIR's that are both binary lights (disabled auto creation of scene device)? I dont see the two buttons to change them to motion sensor in the settings tab either so I did it manually.. changed the device file to D_motionsensor1.xml and altered the category number to 4 and sub category to 3. This was fine for a day or so then it disappeared and reappeared as the binary light again??
Ideally i want to be able change them to a motion sensor with one of the two buttons on the settings tab. Any thoughts??
Cheers
J

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »
Hi all,
Im running beta 1, but I have two LW PIR's that are both binary lights (disabled auto creation of scene device)? I dont see the two buttons to change them to motion sensor in the settings tab either so I did it manually.. changed the device file to D_motionsensor1.xml and altered the category number to 4 and sub category to 3. This was fine for a day or so then it disappeared and reappeared as the binary light again??
Ideally i want to be able change them to a motion sensor with one of the two buttons on the settings tab. Any thoughts??
Cheers
J

Never do this this way. Use the buttons I created to do the job. If you don't have these buttons, that means you forgot to upload some of the files, probably the json file. Or you did not refresh your cache browser.

Offline skinnez

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 02:18:27 pm »
Hi,

Ive just done a factory reset and re-uploaded the luup files. I still get the binary light and remote device auto created but still no buttons to change the device.
On the RFXTRX device there is a LWRF motion sensor, I tried creating a device but cannot pair it..?? Would that work and how do you pair, I tried sliding the learn from 0 to 0/1 and activating the bypass/arm but it wont pair. Which Luup files are related to the motion sensor and I will confirm they are there.

Cheers
J

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »
Hi,

Ive just done a factory reset and re-uploaded the luup files. I still get the binary light and remote device auto created but still no buttons to change the device.
On the RFXTRX device there is a LWRF motion sensor,

Here is the button. What buttons were you looking for ?

I tried creating a device but cannot pair it..?? Would that work and how do you pair, I tried sliding the learn from 0 to 0/1 and activating the bypass/arm but it wont pair.

If you want to do a manual pair, you have to do it with the light switch device, and then convert it to a motion sensor device.
From the motion sensor device, you cannot interact at all (send commands), you can only receive date (motion and no motion status).

You probably need to read again my explanations on how to handle the conversion process.

Offline skinnez

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 03:28:06 pm »
Got it...I misread.. I was looking for buttons on the device.  :-\
Cheers
J

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 02:59:35 pm »
Hi andyvorus,

Keen to hear how you get on :)

Thanks lodamo :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

I converted many door sensors from lights to door sensors and they have been working perfectly for months. I have not tried motion yet as I only have 2 and i cant figure out which devices they are (have not really had much time).