We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor  (Read 12436 times)

Offline LightsOn

Re: JSJS/Siemens PIR Sensor
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »
Hi All,

Back looking at this; I have upgraded to Alpha 10. All seems okay as with my original alpha 8, as my dual gang switches are still working as needed after upgrade.

I still need to tinker with the PIR but I now also have a jsjslw902

http://www.cctvcentral.co.uk/lightwaverf-wireless-magnetic-door-window-switch-jsjslw902-1312-p.asp

I assume this is the same as andyvirus mentions?

I converted many door sensors from lights to door sensors and they have been working perfectly for months

My question is how do I add it as a sensor to use as a trigger for a scene?  because I cant pair it with anything it wont auto create itself - correct? so how do I get it in and useable?

Many thanks.

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 07:52:44 am »
Hi All,

Back looking at this; I have upgraded to Alpha 10. All seems okay as with my original alpha 8, as my dual gang switches are still working as needed after upgrade.

I still need to tinker with the PIR but I now also have a jsjslw902

http://www.cctvcentral.co.uk/lightwaverf-wireless-magnetic-door-window-switch-jsjslw902-1312-p.asp

I assume this is the same as andyvirus mentions?

I converted many door sensors from lights to door sensors and they have been working perfectly for months

My question is how do I add it as a sensor to use as a trigger for a scene?  because I cant pair it with anything it wont auto create itself - correct? so how do I get it in and useable?

Many thanks.

You need to add it as a LWRF Door Sensor under the RFXtrx controller device under the Devices Tab.

The ones i have are these http://www.vesternet.com/lightwaverf-door-window-sensor

I am pretty sure that as soon as i put the battery in these, they showed up in vera then it was just a case of converting them to door sensors as mentioned above.

If not, then the way i did switches was the same except i put the dimmers in pairing mode and added them via RFXtrx controller device under the Devices Tab.

Hope that helps.

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:34 am »
You can now change to a motion sensor or door sensor device for LightwaveRF.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13875.msg111965.html#msg111965

Hi Lolodomo!

My motion sensors and Door sensors have worked flawlessly!
There is just 1 more *wish* for LightwaveRF and your plugin and that is my AC Sockets.
I have a few AC Sockets (ON/OFF/Lock/Unlock) which i would love to show as a pretty icon instead of a light switch.
I dont know what icons there are to use (or what is possible) but this is my only wish.
Is this something that is an easy change? Is this something you could add when you have some spare time?

Thanks for everything you have done! Your work is outstanding and as you know, In my opinion, guys like you should be paid by Vera but our (members) appreciation is the only thing offered, and not asked for. "Hero Member" status do not do you and others like you justice. Thank you!

Side Note:
I dont plan to use LightwaveRF for anything else and the only reason I do us LWRF is because all the other dimmers are just but ugly and these are "acceptable" for the UK/EU as huge paddle switches are just hideous! :-) So yes style over substance for now until a decent looking z-wave comes along for around ?20. The lack of transmit from the LWRF devices makes these annoying but not unusable but this lack is why i wont invest in much more LWRF other than a few more sockets and dimmers (uniform though out the house)

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 08:43:48 am »

You need to add it as a LWRF Door Sensor under the RFXtrx controller device under the Devices Tab.
[/quote]

Thank you for the help, sadly I don't have a devices tab just a settings and advanced tab? On neither of these does it mention any lwrf door sensors?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline andyvirus

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 08:59:28 am »

Thank you for the help, sadly I don't have a devices tab just a settings and advanced tab? On neither of these does it mention any lwrf door sensors?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

The devices tab of the main UI (UI5). This should show all your devices (Switches, Cameras, Thermostats etc). There should be a device in there called RFXtrx controler device. Hover over it and click the Spanner Icon

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:23 am »
yup looking in the right place but I don't have what you have?

images below? are these option not available in my version that I have installed?

Offline skinnez

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:25 am »
Yeah you need the beta 1 version.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 09:23:46 am »
dam it lol, and I only recently uploaded all the files for the Alpha I am running now, hey ho at least now I know  ::)

I will hunt out the beta 1 files and upload them.  do I need to upload them all or just a couple? (being lazy sorry as assume it will say in the relevant post when I find it)

thanks again will let you know how I get on.

Offline skinnez

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 09:31:54 am »
Yeah you can get away with just a couple, but I just did them all again just to be sure!!  :)

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 09:37:39 am »
thanks for that, I have got the files will upload a bit later today - I am sure all will be smooth from there on in :-)

thank you all.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
Hi again,

Got beta 1 installed okay, got the door sensor created by adding a "1" in both "Remote ID" and "Unit Code", but how do I associate the device in Vera with the door sensor itself? 

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »
Hi again,

Got beta 1 installed okay, got the door sensor created by adding a "1" in both "Remote ID" and "Unit Code", but how do I associate the device in Vera with the door sensor itself?

It is not the way to get it. Please read the explanation: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13875.0.html