We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Sonos bridge and more generally device_description.xml file  (Read 25064 times)

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Sonos bridge
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 04:45:21 pm »
I would dare to suggest Play 3 follows the same precedence... I have added the two icons for the bridge and Play 5.

Code: [Select]
<modelNumber>S5</modelNumber>
<url>/img/icon-S5.png</url>

As S5 was the original name of that unit, before they changed it to Play5,  my money is on the Play3 being either /icon-p3.png or /icon-play3.png. ;) - place your bets..

If I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on /img/icon-S3.png. ::)

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 04:52:00 pm »
I just did a google search and found details contained here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72946.10;wap2

<modelNumber>S3</modelNumber>
<url>/img/icon-S3.png</url>

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 05:21:39 pm »
Damn !!  ;D.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 05:53:59 pm »
Strangely, I cannot get icon-S3.png while icon-S5.png (and others) is working. Can someone provide the icon ?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »
Now with the last plugin files, you should get the right icon for Play:5, Connect and Connect:Amp.
Still missing: Play:3. My Sonos (a Connect:Amp) does not provide icon-S3.png while it provides the 3 others.

I have not managed the Bridge for the icon, there is no need to create a Vera device for the bridge. If you do it, you will get the Sonos icon. But for the bridge, I now know that ZB100 is the modelNumber and so I have a mean to identify it in the network topology.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:31:29 pm by lolodomo »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
I don't think we can get the icon directly from the Sonos. We will need to store the different icons in the Vera.
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_plugin_icons

As this returns the icon of the Sonos, (http://192.168.x.x:1400/img/icon-ZB100.png) can the .json dynamically look to that address ? Can the flash icon url address be calculated by a variable stored in the UI of the device e.g. the Sonos plugin also stores the /img/icon-xxxx.png location?

No. That's why I was constrained to do it differently using the capabilities offered by Micasaverde json files.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:24:50 am by lolodomo »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »
I just did a google search and found details contained here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72946.10;wap2

This link is interesting as it confirms my assumption that Play:3 will not provide an AudioIn service.
So while Browse AI: seems to work only for me, checking the presence of this service in the description XML file could be an interesting workaround to get all the audio inputs.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 07:41:48 am »
Hello,

I would dare to suggest Play 3 follows the same precedence... I have added the two icons for the bridge and Play 5.

<modelNumber>S5</modelNumber>
<url>/img/icon-S5.png</url>

It looks like you can have ZPS5 too: http://blog.travelmarx.com/2010/06/exploring-sonos-via-upnp.html

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Sonos bridge
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 11:10:19 am »
Looking at the date, being 2 years old this may have been the then naming conventions but there is only limited modules, it looks like with the current firmware they may have now dropped the Zone Player (ZP). As far as I can establish the S3 wasn't introduced until 2011 and as my Play 5s are only new (Xmas presents from the darling wife) I cannot give any background on the firmware changes over time.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »
...my Play 5s are only new (Xmas presents from the darling wife)

Can your misses have a word with mine  :D

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Sonos bridge and more generally device_description.xml file
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 03:20:12 pm »
...my Play 5s are only new (Xmas presents from the darling wife)

Can your misses have a word with mine  :D

I could request that but we must always be careful of what we ask for. I got the new Sonos, she (We) pick a new house to which we signed the contract on Xmas eve. So it could be very expensive.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Sonos bridge and more generally device_description.xml file
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 07:09:13 am »
Do you know if there is a simple way to list all files in img directory ?

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 10:34:21 am »
@lolodomo -

Just a thought in regards to the UI icon for Sonos - was it not possible to do something like the IP Camera's devices do, as they display an changing (or static) image (via a direct link in settings, to an img/snapshoot file/folder location on the camera itself)

It might also be possible for the image to then update from the stored Sonos Image or more dynmaic and show the Albumn art changes too

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 10:47:42 am »
@lolodomo -

Just a thought in regards to the UI icon for Sonos - was it not possible to do something like the IP Camera's devices do, as they display an changing (or static) image (via a direct link in settings, to an img/snapshoot file/folder location on the camera itself)

It might also be possible for the image to then update from the stored Sonos Image or more dynmaic and show the Albumn art changes too

Can you point me the device or plugin you are taling about please ?
I did not find any device by default in the Vera that could handle camera (or its name is not intuitive...)

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:44 am »
@lolodomo -

Can you point me the device or plugin you are taling about please ?
I did not find any device by default in the Vera that could handle camera (or its name is not intuitive...)

Try and add a generic IP Camera.

Alternatively it uses the :device:DigitalSecurityCamera1, xmls if that helps