Author Topic: Long time delay between Vera Alert Notification and Voice message  (Read 2304 times)

Offline GroundLoop

I've noticed that when I send a message from VeraAlerts, it shows up almost immediately on the Notification Bar in the android phone.
First the 'House' icon appears, then the message itself scrolls through the top row.

Then, a considerable time later, the announcement is spoken.  The gap can span from a few seconds to over a minute.. in most cases, 10 seconds or so.

I tried switching from voice to tone/vibe, and both the vibe and audio tone are immediate, at the same time as the notification bar.  If have both audio and speech, sometimes they start together, and sometimes audio followed by a long delay (10s), then speech.

The delay seems to be for speech only.

I've tried both ICS and JB devices, with both the Google default TTS and add-on (IVONA)

Anyone else seeing these kind of 'start talking' delays?  Ideas to try?

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
Re: Long time delay between Vera Alert Notification and Voice message
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »
Have you seen my thread about a similar situation? Do you have multiple Android devices?

Try changing the message repeat delay to 1.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline GroundLoop

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 03:28:43 pm »
Here's another observation: Two Android devices, different Vera Alert IDs.
If I send a test message to them both, then they will both sound/vibe immediately, then wait the SAME long duration before speaking at the exact same time.  So it doesn't seem to be fully random.

Offline GroundLoop

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 03:29:47 pm »

Aha!  That did it.

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »

Aha!  That did it.

My friend, I'm glad you are back on your feet. Do you know what it took for me to figure out this issue for myself? Probably less effort than it took the author............ Let us just say that it was beyond bug reporting.
The esteemed Vera Alerts author has suggested to me that there will be a fix in place for this in the future.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.