We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to Downgrade from Private Beta  (Read 5392 times)

Offline rjwilson01

How to Downgrade from Private Beta
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:51:02 am »
  I have the Aeon 4 in 1 sensors and so asked for access to the Beta software
I upgraded my Vera 3 to  1.5.532  and whilst it seemed a bit flaky after a bit of add remove or the devices it all settled down

However I then upgraded my Vera Lite - and I no longer have access to any devices, setup menus or anything in my Vera Lite
I have gone to http://cp.mios.com/firmware/ but it just says you are up to date - that is it can talk to my Vera Lite and tell that it is ok - but I can't "downgrade" back to working software
How do I do this - I've looked at various FAQs but cannot find a mention of how
to downgrade - other than some mysterious link - which it does not mention
Vera 3 , Vera Lite, 3 Dimmable Lights, 2 LED Lights, 4 Multisensnor 3, 3 Multisensor 4, 3 Frostdale swithches, 1 SQBlaster, 4 Smartswitch, 4 SmartSwitch 5, Eagle, Aeon Home PowerMonitor, 1 Extender

Online Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: How to Downgrade from Private Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:01:46 am »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:08:30 am by Brientim »

Online Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:19:01 am »
Hello @rjwilson01,

Also for the sake of information distribution, can you please explain what issues you encountered. I and others beta tester have installed this version andd to date and we should try to capture this information to ensure it can be investigated. Therefore, before you downgrade at least perform a backup and if requested, allow MCV access.

Some of the information you provided indicates to me that your unit may have changed it ip address and if so, this would explain why you "no longer have access to any devices, setup menus or anything in my Vera Lite"

Modified after comments identified by @guessed.   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:05:51 am by Brientim »

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:52:27 am »
As a side note on 532.  It definitely has both stability (reboot issues) as well as major problems with Leviton gear in some cases.  I wouldn't characterize the Private Beta feedback as 'none'.... Given what's been posted privately ;)

For folks tempted to use it, I'd strongly recommend staying away from it...  In this case, if the prescribed routes for downgrade don't work then you can also reach out to the support teams.  Don't wait too long, as the backups (required for revert) aren't maintained for very long.

Online Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:19:17 am »
Acknowledged and point taken. Yes the issues identified have been raised. There is another link for an older firmware version: http://download.mios.com/rt3662_betafirmware/rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.346-en-mios.squashfs

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:26:58 am by Brientim »

Offline rjwilson01

Beta 532
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 12:43:55 am »
.... snipped ....

Ok - I also have been emailing the people who sent me the link and I have given the MCV support account access (and everything seems to be fixed) but just to share my experience the issues I had were:
When first installed on the Vera 3 no problems
I then attempted to add two Aeon 4 in 1 sensors by a full power exclude/include as requested by MCVSupport
Both sensors were added as the Motion Sensor and after a little time the 3 additional sensors were added as wekk but then one of the sensors added a KW energy meter and 6additonal  "_sensor" devices. This was in addition to adding the 3 correct sensors (Humidity, Temperature, Light)
The 6 _sensor devices seemed non-functional (no I/O was evident) although I didn't investigate exactly what they were
The other 4 in 1 sensor  appeared ok - although thinking I did not check that all 6 _sensors came from the one 4 in 1 sensor ( I checked two of them )
Anyway doing a Full Power Exclude of both Aeon 4in1s and Full power include of just one Aeon 4in1 seemed to resolve the issue
I then upgrade the Vera Lite - using the correct Vera Lite link (before you ask)

Once I did this I could access the Vera Lite main web page using the local IP address and all tabs present but on the device tab no devices existed and there were no tabs on which I could perform any actions, I tried both IE and firefox I rebooted the Vera Lite and my PC but nothing changed (my DHCP server always sends the same address for the Vera Lite)
As a side note this instruction "you can paste the link below in the "URL for Vera custom firmware:" editbox from Setup/Firmware and click Download button" was unworkable for me as the Setup tab had no Firmware option to click. Which is why I asked for other instructions on how to downgrade.
Continuing on to describe what I did next
If I logged on to my MIOS account using the Vera3 webpage then changed the "SelectGateway" drop down to the VeraLite - then all tabs worked and all devices were shown , however if then I closed Firefox and reopened the VeraLite web page directly I was back to no devices and no details on any tab. (In fact I could have the good page working in one tab and the bad page not working in another tab in the same Firefox instance) all very strange.

The VeraLite is linked to the Vera3 and the linking was working fine using the Vera3 as the master.  That is as far as I could tell the only problem was with the sub-content of the tabs of the webpages and only when I accessed the machine directly. I did not try a real remote access 

At this stage I starting uninstalling Apps from the Vera3 (which now makes no sense but seemed like a good idea at the time)
DataMine, GoogleCal were uninstalled but no difference
The VeraLite has nothing special eg no apps installed so serial comms,
Only the ERGY app (as that app does not understand linked Vera's)

Anyway its working so I'm off to try and add the Aeon sensor to the VeraLite now

Vera 3 , Vera Lite, 3 Dimmable Lights, 2 LED Lights, 4 Multisensnor 3, 3 Multisensor 4, 3 Frostdale swithches, 1 SQBlaster, 4 Smartswitch, 4 SmartSwitch 5, Eagle, Aeon Home PowerMonitor, 1 Extender

Online Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 03:08:18 am »
You really did hit a serious of problems and thank you for recording your experience and enlightening us with your detailed account.

Offline rjwilson01

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 02:47:01 am »
Just to say even over the Xmas/new year break the support response was quick