Author Topic: Restart GC100 plugin after power on/off cycle of iTach IR device  (Read 1606 times)

Offline a-lurker

Restart GC100 plugin after power on/off cycle of iTach IR device
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:45:31 am »
Hi There

I'm configuring some AV gear, so it's ready to go to watch the tele once a minimote button is operated. I have a GPO that powers up the gear plus an iTach IR box. After power on and a suitable delay, I command the IR box to issue a few commands that are used to set up the associated AV receiver, etc.

The itach box normally works fine. However in this app it gets powered on and off when the tele and the AV gear is powered on and off.  When a command is sent to issue an IR command Vera states in the log: re HandleActionRequest .. "Device not ready" ie Vera believes the itach IR box is not ready.

You can open the itach web page at this time and it responds as it should. A reload of Vera allows the itach to start working again. Looks like when the itach IR box is powered back on I need to reinitialise the GC100 plugin.

In the code located in I_GC100.xml it suggests that calling lug_startup(lul_device) may result in a blocking time out.  It then speaks of luup.call_action("Initialize"). However this looks like it doesn't exist.

So the question is how do I power an iTach device on, off, on, off, etc and still have it be recognised by Vera that it is back in action when powered on?

The alternative is to leave the itach IR box on all the time but as they say "the greenest Watt is the one never used".

Offline a-lurker

Re: Restart GC100 plugin after power on/off cycle of iTach IR device
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:14:10 am »
OK - after much searching I eventually found this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=10893.0

So no need for a response here!