Author Topic: Everspring SM103 - Used As A Door Bell Notification (Invert Icon)  (Read 5033 times)

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Hi

I am using the Everspring SM103 as a door bell and as such it defaults to a 'tripped' state as the contacts a bell are apart, rather than together as they would be for the door.

I could not see anything via a search, but I was wondering if that's just the way it has to work of if there is a way to invert the Icon on the UI, so it graphically trips when pressed*

* I should point out that when pressed, it still trips the sensor as a door bell press still crosses the dry contacts.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Everspring SM103 - Used As A Door Bell Notification (Invert Icon)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:02:03 am »
NO !
Search forum for discussions about custom icons.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »
;)
NO !

Was that a scream of frustration R.T.S ? ;)

Not a problem, I'm aware custom icons are not really possible on Vera, due to how devices and icons are currently linked.

As the ping sensor has an invert icon feature I was curious if it was possible to do for others  e.g maybe in Lua Start Up code, a statement that says for device #111 "tripped" = '1' if '0'  and "0' if '1'

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:05:34 pm »
When used as a door bell, as the device is always tripped, even a long or short press of the bell does not seem to allow it to change to an un tripped state (green man). Checking the logs it just shows previous Tripped value '1' , new Tripped value '1'.

If I use a scene, it does not recognise the sensor as being tripped again, so I cannot use it as a trigger.

Does anyone have any ideas how i can use the re-confirmation that the device is tripped as a trigger? The only idea I have is to change my approach and just check if the last update date/time has changed and if it has, use that as the trigger.?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:08:03 pm by parkerc »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
Program Logic Event Generator plugin does not use/depend on the tripped time of the device. It associates a time that the Triggers and/or Conditions for the PLEG are changed.

You can have a PLEG trigger for when a Security sensor is not tripped ... and even though the sensor device does not have a last NOT Tripped time, if you use this in PLEG it will record a LAST NOT Tripped time.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:37 pm »
Thanks RTS

When you have time, please can you talk me through how I would use your plugin to do this..

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »
Hi R.T.S - am i close?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 08:53:30 pm »
You are using the PLTS - Program Logic Timer Switch instead of the PLEG- Program Logic Event Generator
They both use the same computation engine for condition evaluation. The former uses these conditions to trigger the Timer Switch actions (Reset, Trigger, On, Off, Restart). The latter lets you create your own condition names and associate condition expressions for these. Then you can use these condition expressions to trigger any arbitrary scene.

The scene trigger for PLEG would be:      When PLEG satisfies condition YOURCONDITIONNAME

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »
Obviously the venerable RTS has the meat of this well under control.

But, to address the first post, I think that all too often the fancy UI of Vera blurs the line between automation and fancy remote control. Home automation is about automating what we normally do. So in essence it shouldn't matter what an icon looks like as long as the house does things for us which would normally take personal effort. Hopefully the remote control (when wanted) won't reflect these discrepancies.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:59:49 am »
Hi R.T.S

Thanks for pointing that out, the other plugin is now installed, but does not seem to work, it stuck on the 'Opening_pleg loading bar?'

See screenshot attached

Home automation is about automating what we normally do. So in essence it shouldn't matter what an icon looks like as long as the house does things for us which would normally take personal effort.

Totally Agree,

Some of the apps now bring developed are very close (if not there) to allowing you to do this, maybe Micasaverde/MIOS need to think if they want to be in the UI game, because for me, Vera is moving more and more into the back ground.  I personnaly love HomeWave (iOS) and the potential it still has.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »
R.T.S , my mistake I did not have the core plugin installed. Will test tomorrow.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:33 am »
The scene trigger for PLEG would be:      When PLEG satisfies condition YOURCONDITIONNAME

Great it works !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:34:59 am by parkerc »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 08:59:30 am »
Trying to use the input contacts on an Everspring SM103 door sensor for my doorbell.

Seems to work, but only on a long press of the doorbell button.

A shorter quicker press and it doesn't seem to register and trigger my action.

In PLEG I have created a Device Property called "Doorbell_Status" to monitor the "Tripped" status of the SM103 device.

My condition is: Doorbell_Status==0

And then my action at the moment just sends a TTS to a speaker.

Can this be improved?

Thanks

EDIT:

Just tried using a Device Trigger in PLEG rather than a Device Property (Status)

So I created a new tDoorbell trigger and selected "Whenever New Doorbell is closed whether is armed or disarmed"

and changed my Condition to: tDoorbell

However it seems to be the same a long press of the doorbell button is required. A shorter press and nothing happens the PLEG action is not run.  :'(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:08:07 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 04:52:11 pm »
I think I have fixed it. In my setup there is a small 3VDC relay coil as my chime takes 2xD batteries totalling 3V etc.
Previously I was using a Z-Wave.me iTemp contact device with the doorbell, which I am now wanting to replace with my new Everspring SM103 sensor. Mainly because the on-board temp sensor of the iTemp device doesn't work properly with Vera UI7 and usually Vera says it cannot detect the device, so I want to take it out.

Anyway originally the Z-Wave.me iTemp contact device was connected to pins 1&5 on the relay and so was the Everspring SM103 earlier when I swapped them over.

I have just soldered the wires to pins 10&6 instead. Now the Everspring SM103 is not always tripped its Grey colour in the UI7 GUI e.g Normally Closed.

When I now press the doorbell button the Everspring SM103 device trips and briefly goes Red in the Vera GUI. And I can now press the doorbell quickly / short press of the button and it still triggers my doorbell scene / actions OK.

I also had to change my PLEG trigger to be "Whenever New Doorbell is OPENED whether is armed or disarmed" instead.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:37:06 pm by cw-kid »