Author Topic: Introductory videos quality  (Read 3575 times)

Offline juanfe

Introductory videos quality
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:18:08 pm »
Hi there,

I like the box. It's an incredibly elegant solution, and a much more energy efficient way to use DCERouter as a platform.

One friendly suggestion on the tutorial videos in the Administration screens. You will benefit significantly from better quality video recordings. Right now, you have a lovely lady in front of a wrinkled sheet with some bad side and front lighting. However, you will probably need to have someone who has more zing and is able to read dry material while looking straight at the camere.

How about making an open casting call for volunteers willing to audition for it? There are plenty of moderately or reasonably talented amateur performers who would not mind having something like this on their resume. The volume of videos is such that you could even have a collaborative "people from all over the world" recording instruction videos using their own webcams.

Even if you don't do something like that, you'll still benefit from at least better studio lighting and a teleprompter.

Offline micasaverde

Re: Introductory videos quality
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:08:48 pm »
We held off reshooting the videos until the new UI was done.  But it's done now, and we're reworking the script, and intend to use Jennifer; the girl in the demo video

Offline dsample

Re: Introductory videos quality
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:36:20 am »
Brilliant news, that's been bugging me.

I hope in that new UI there's an 'advanced' option to to be able to stop the flash object even appearing (not just stopping it auto-playing).