We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: resolved>> TTS does not work :-s  (Read 21731 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: TTS does not work :-s
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 02:18:47 am »
What version of ui5 are you using ?

Offline Cor

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 03:39:16 am »
@ Lolodomo : my vera3 says:" You are running the latest version: 1.5.408" ...well I wish she would be able to say... ::)

*edit* , I also just tried a different brand/type modem ..... there was no change:-(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:51:09 am by Cor »

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 01:19:51 pm »
The problem is that Sonos doesn't have the access to the file. On the computer we can acces the file because we are already log in your account. Try to acces the veraip/Say.xx.mp3 on your cellphone. You will need to enter your username and password to acces the file.

So, to solve that, we need to set the Sonos to remember your username and password of the vera. I'm in hte right direction or not?

Thanks for your help!

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:15 pm »
That seems odd.  Have you enabled some sort of security on your Vera unit?

Mine is [more or less] an oo-box configuration, so there's no security layer applied and the file downloads without need for user/passwd information.

Offline peterluc8080

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:31 pm »
No, I don't think I add security layer on the vera unit. I login with my username and password that I first created when I received my unit but that it.

Your vera unit is like a oo-box configuration? How do you do that?

***@COR : I found the problem!! Just go in Setup, Unit setting and click on no at the question : Do you want to secure this vera? Restart your Sonos and vera and it's work!! :)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:41:31 pm by peterluc8080 »

Offline Cor

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 04:09:43 pm »
BINGO!!!!

That was indeed the problem. now it works nicely :-)  Good thinking peterluc8080 :-)

But is my vera3 now secure? , what did I just now disable?

another But.... it's a male voice   >:( , my house is very female :-) , any possibility to change the voice?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »
@Cor,
It was a false sense of security anyhow.   :D

Even with the Password enabled, folks on your LAN could break into your unit with one simple URL...  There are various discussion threads on it, but here's a sample:
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6465.msg40450.html#msg40450

The voice is what we get from Google's TTS.  Oddly, it sounds like a Woman to me, so perhaps it's location and/or language dependent.

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:12 pm »
Good that the problem was solved.

There isn't much security added by enabling the "secure" option in Vera. The password is transfered in cleartext in your network. Anyone attached or connected by wifi could sniff it.

If you choose sv (Swedish) you'll get a female voice. But you might not understand what she says :)
It is not possible to change voice as we're using googles TTS service and it doesn't have much options.

Offline Cor

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:32 pm »
@ Hek: ok , thanks.

I don't have a swedish option , I have , english (male) , french (lovely french accent) , italian , russian ..... I would love to hear the swedish woman ..... anyone know how to get her or has it to do with where the Vera is "based"?

Cor

Offline hek

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »
Just type "sv" in the box next to language selector (if you use the GUI). But it will pronounce things bad if you force her to say english phrases I guess...

Try:
Code: [Select]
"Svenska tjejer ?r snyggast i v?rlden!"
:D

WTF... this forum does not cope with UTF-8 characters very well... I'm giving up...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:59:54 pm by hek »

Offline Cor

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 05:03:21 pm »
COOL , the dutch version is very nice ... :-)

thanks,
Cor

Offline tdelagardelle

Re: TTS does not work..similar problem
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 04:57:24 pm »
Hello ,

I installed the sonos plugin with my Vera Lite, and I can controll the sonos via the Device plugin, that is ,stop play, play favourites etc...
But when i go to the player tab and type a text (This is a test) in the "say" column and click "say", nothing happends.
When I look at the sonos interface I see.... information: ZPSTR_Buffering, and Stream: Say.12.Final.mp3.  No sound comes out of my Sonos Play5.   What do I need to do to get it working?  I have made sure that both the Sonos Bridge and the Vera Lite are both hooked up to my wireless router directly and not to my 16 port switch. 

When I installed the plugin I Uploaded the plugin files: here are the directions I followed....In the Toolbox section open MiOS Developers >> Luup Files and upload all the files you downloaded (except the file D_Sonos1_UI4.json and the services subdirectory). check the Restart Luup after upload checkbox and click GO.

Also I am running the latest version: 1.5.408 on the Vera Lite.

When I try via a browser to go to http://<veraIP>/Say.12.mp3.. I get a 404 Not Found Error

Thanks,
Troy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:43:29 pm by tdelagardelle »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »
What you may have forgotten is to upload the Sonos_silence.mp3 into directory /www
My hypothesis is that, with this missing file, Sonos has not time to start the playback that the plugin already stops it.
The file Say.xx.final.mp3 is deleted at the end, that's the reason you got a 404 error.

Offline tdelagardelle

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »
I went back to the same place I uploaded the rest of the Sonos plugin files and verified that I uploaded the Sonos_silence.mp3. I uploaded that file again to make sure it was not corrupted....tried to play a test message and it did not work.. you mentioned the /www directory. Am I suppose to upload this file to a different location.  the only place I uploaded the file was with the graphical user interface in the "Develope Apps"--> Luup files section.  Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:45 am »
Both the mp3 and icons need to be copied to different locations.