We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: IR Capabilities of Leviton Zone Controller  (Read 1386 times)

Offline MarcM001

IR Capabilities of Leviton Zone Controller
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:27 pm »
I have a Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z Z-Wave 4-Button Zone Controller installed and working perfectly to trigger various scenes. The description of this controller online states that it is a Zone Controller for Multi-Location Control with IR Remote Capability.

I see a couple of IR remotes online that could be the correct one, e.g. the Leviton VRMR1-OSG and the NE210. Neither of these come up in the Harmony remote database. Is there anyone here who uses this zone controller with IR and can tell me what remote to search for in the Harmony database? There seems to be no way to extract a list of all Leviton lighting controllers in the database. Thank you.

Marc

Offline Hal

Re: IR Capabilities of Leviton Zone Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »
The first model is the one Leviton lists as the IR remote for the controller.

The second appears to be for the D3200 line of controls.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:54:09 am »
MarcM001

is your leviton VRCZ4-M0Z triggering scenes on vera 3 ?

my question is because I need wall scene controllers what runs fine with vera3.

thanks for your information.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline gtallan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »
I have a Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z Z-Wave 4-Button Zone Controller installed and working perfectly to trigger various scenes. The description of this controller online states that it is a Zone Controller for Multi-Location Control with IR Remote Capability.

I see a couple of IR remotes online that could be the correct one, e.g. the Leviton VRMR1-OSG and the NE210. Neither of these come up in the Harmony remote database. Is there anyone here who uses this zone controller with IR and can tell me what remote to search for in the Harmony database? There seems to be no way to extract a list of all Leviton lighting controllers in the database. Thank you.

I've been using an older Leviton controller RZCS4-1LX with a harmony remote, and it works fine, although the IR window on the controller doesn't accept signals from very much off-angle. In the harmony database, don't search for the Leviton remote, search for the zone controller itself, and you should find it.

Graham

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:07:12 pm »
I will check the VRCZ4-M0Z.
for me only is necessary trigger created scenes in vera3.
IR function is not necessary.

thanks !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.