Author Topic: Weather Plugin not updating? (UI5)  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Dvbit

Re: Weather Plugin not updating? (UI5)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:40 pm »
So ...
Vera version

You are running the latest version: 1.5.622 .

Plugin version
Title:  Wunderground Weather Plugin

Version:  1.54
 Auto update
This plugin has created the following devices:
# 36 World Weather

Location pws:ILAZIOBR4 but also tried other ones

The log.. To long to be handled on an iPad.... Will post it tomorrow

Vera2, Many Fibaro switches, OpenSprinkler, Foscam, Kodi, Harmony Remote, Fritzbox, DreamBox...

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:21 pm »
@ Dvbit,
You will need to enable Verbose logging in Vera prior to generating and grabbing the logs.  Errors are usually logged in the normal logging mode, but I emit other details in Verbose mode that can be handy.

Just remember to scrub your logs before publishing, or simply PM them to me.

One thing to note is that a regular account with WUI lets you make 500 calls/day, and peak at 10 calls/minute.

The Weather Plugin with default Polling settings (1800s), and in optimal conditions*, will make 2 calls/hour or a total of 48 calls/day.

If you have any other plugin accessing the WUI feeds, such as the Virtual Rain sensor, or you've modified the Weather Plugin's Period/Polling override to run it faster, then you could max out the WUI limits for your WUI account.  When this happens, WUI will lock you out of your account for a period of time, and all of the plugins will stop working.

You can see your account's usage information by logging into your account at:
    http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api

* Optimal conditions means NO Vera restarts, Save operations, reboots, or general flakiness

Offline Dvbit

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »
Thanks for the Help.
It is now working.
What is strange is that for the first time after quite a few reloads reboots the wui plugin was issuing a message saying that the location preferences in the setup area were not set...
And although I am quite sure they were ... They were not.
So after setting a location there both wui and vrain started working.

Again tx for your time.

A side question that is troubling me right now and I will also post to the correct section is the following .
Yesterday my  var log comunque dir was there... Today not! Is that normal?
Vera2, Many Fibaro switches, OpenSprinkler, Foscam, Kodi, Harmony Remote, Fritzbox, DreamBox...

Offline 1puttpro

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 10:20:29 am »
My weather app does not update.  The World Weather (high, low, humidity, temp) all show the conditions at the time of installation (3 months ago).  If I go to the URL: api.wunderground.com/api/key/conditions/forecast/alerts/q/location.xml, I do get CORRECT and CURRENT data.  So, I know my WUI account is working.  It's just not updating.  Any ideas?  I've spent the last week looking over posts and I'm just at a "dead end".

VeraLite ver 1.5.672
Wunderground App ver 1.58