We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera Alerts to Sonos Plugin  (Read 3902 times)

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
Vera Alerts to Sonos Plugin
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:49:10 am »
RTS's updated plugin can speak directly to other plugins now;

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13207.0.html
1) Support for GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) and Local Area Network Wifi delivery to android client.
   At some point in time the previous Plugins will NO longer work!
   Upgrading should speed up notifications ... the previous versions of the plugin are sending messages to a C2DM delivery agent ... it fails there than forwards to the new GCM delivery agent. Upgrading to this version skips that step.
2) Supports forwarding Notifications to other plugins (i.e. Push Notification, Sonos, Event2GCal, ... )
3) Add additional Template Expansion Context for Notifications.
4) Modify Service Definition so VeraAlerts can be incorporated into: AutoHomation
5) Bug fixes:
   Fix problem of single and double quotes in the notification name.
   Fix problem of invoking Text Templates form Control panel.

Details for the plugin can be found at:
http://RTS-Services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts

I noticed the mention of SONOS plugin in his post...

My question is;
What can this do, and what uses would it have to alert directly to the Sonos Plugin?

I asked him how to send a message directly to Sonos and his response was;
Code: [Select]
@big517
If you can send me the LUUP code for sending a message to Sonos I will tell you how to set the parameters in Vera Alerts. And I will include it in the documentation.

I'm not sure how to respond to this because I don't know the answer, can someone please advise me or him?

I'm more curious about the benefits of this...
I use vera alerts for all TTS / Voice Announcements.  I re purposed an old Android phone that is connected to my Russound 6 zone amp to broadcast all announcements and it is completely awesome with the Ivona TTS engine and "Amy" Voice.

HOWEVER...  I like the Sonos so much that I also just sold my Russound 6 zone system to go 100% with SONOS AMPs' thanks to your awesome work on this plugin.  So now I have to re-do everything :)  I feel this may be a bit early but worth it.  So incorporation of Vera Alerts may be very important, or at least working from a "line-in" from my android phone which I will start another thread on.

Thanks again for all the awesome work everyone!

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Vera Alerts to Sonos Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:37:20 am »
As I understood, you can setup Vera Alerts to call any action on any Vera device (forward to) as notification, in our case that would be the Say action on a Sonos device.
This could be interesting if you would like to make Vera Alerts the central point for all your Vera notifications or if you want to avoid to write luup code (you will have to make it once in the Vera Alerts setup).
But you can simply call the Say action in your scenes and not use Vera Alerts.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:39:32 am by lolodomo »

Offline big517

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:59:04 am »
As I understood, you can setup Vera Alerts to call any action on any Vera device (forward to) as notification, in our case that would be the Say action on a Sonos device.
This could be interesting if you would like to make Vera Alerts the central point for all your Vera notifications or if you want to avoid to write luup code (you will have to make it once in the Vera Alerts setup).
But you can simply call the Say action in your scenes and not use Vera Alerts.

I have a single scene with many triggers and utilizing Luup code in each trigger for the action;
Example;
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1", "SendAlert",
                  {Message = "{tone:2} There is a vehicle approaching.", Recipients = ""}, 397)

I prefer the TTS on my android phone (ivona) over the Google TTS, but if you can advise how to send TTS to Sonos Plugin via Luup, RTS can document this in his plugin and it would be useful

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:41:28 am »
You have to fill the fields in plugin forwarding screen.
The Sonos action is Say. You have to check the parameters.Several examples on this forum.