We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Triggering Vista Outputs from Vera  (Read 9171 times)

Offline Latz

Triggering Vista Outputs from Vera
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:04:10 am »
Hi All

Does anyone know if it's possible to trigger one of the outputs on the Vista from the Vera via this plugin?

Before I got the Vera, I had my Vista 20p opening my garage door by wiring a relay to output 17.  Rather than change the entire setup, I'd like to know if there is a way I can send the command from the Vera app.

The AD2USB acts as a full keypad.  Output 17 can be activated from a keypad.

Offline SteveZ

Re: Triggering Vista Outputs from Vera
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:00 am »
if you have one of the 4 function buttons programmed to activate that output you can go to the advances tab in the scene select the partition then select requestleteredkeypress enter in the key you want A, B, C,or D and the pin.

Offline Latz

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:45 am »
Good idea!  How do I program the lettered keys?  I know how to do it on the physical keypads but not sure on the soft keypad.

I know I'll need to assign a macro to the lettered key but not sure how.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

Appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:35:00 pm by Latz »

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »
take a look at the vista 15p / 20p programming manual. can be found online . quick question though, is this the relay that is on the keypad or the relay that is on the panel itself? because i do not think you can assing one of the letter keys to activate the relay that is on the 6160rf keypad. just the keyfob only can operate. but if it is the output on the panel itself take a look at page 23 *57 function key programming and option 07, the configure *80 output function to 66.

Have not done this in a while so im kind of going off memory and looking through my programming guide. hope that helps

Offline Latz

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:53:12 pm »
It does, thanks.  I'll give that a shot.  I'm using a trigger output from the alarm system main board, not the keypad so hopefully that should work!

Offline FireBird

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:45:41 pm »
Just got done programming both of my garage doors on the Vista 20P (ADT 3000 PRO) to trigger via the Function Keys C and D. Programming one of the Function Keys for device activation (relay trigger) is fairly easy once you understand the programming of the 20P.

But its gets harder trying to assign 2 different function keys for 2 different device activations (2 garage door openers). 

Programming Function Keys (For 2 Garage Door Openers)

(Zone 96 is a default Zone for Medical Emergency) It wasn't programmed on my alarm, and we don't use it for that.

*56 menu, I programmed zone 96 (button C) as type 23 and disabled the report code.

*80 menu, I programmed an output function to be activated by a zone number (zone 96), on an event restoral, output action (close for 2 seconds), output number is my onboard trigger #01 on my 4204 Relay Board

*80 menu, I programmed an output function to be activated by a zone type 66 (Function Key),  output action (close for 2 seconds), output number is my onboard trigger #02 on my 4204 Relay Board

*57 Menu

C Key Programmed with 00 Default of Zone 96

D Key Programmed 07 Relay Activation

If you have any questions let me know, the programming can get tricky. But this seems to be the best way open both garage doors independently with the AD2USB plugin on the Vera on the Vista 20P.