We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Need help integrating the AD2USB  (Read 1642 times)

Offline jenkinsjeff

• Sr. Newbie
Need help integrating the AD2USB
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:24:46 pm »
I just installed the plugin and AD2USB today. I have it functional in Vera, but now I need to know how to actually put it to use. I would like to have Vera turn on all the lights in the house whenever the alarm has been tripped. Alarm sounds, lights come on. How would I go about doing this? I know I would need to create a scene with the lights all on, and use the alarm status as the trigger, but unsure exactly how to do this. Any help would be great.

Also, I've read quite a few posts where people have successfully used the Vista sensors to trigger scenes in Vera, but I haven't found where anyone explains how to do this? A link to more info would be great.

Offline FireBird

Re: Need help integrating the AD2USB
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »
The best way to do what you want is use the App Program logic event generator.

You can use the alarm sensors as triggers, and then actions based on the trigger condition. See the screenshots below, for turn on all lights when the Alarm is Active.

This is for turn light on when door is opened (Let me know if you want screenshots)

Trigger

Name   DeckDoorOpen   
Description    #2 Deck Door is tripped

Name   Night   
Description    Day or Night indicates Night time.

Condition Name   Condition Expression

DeckLightOnD            Night and DeckDoorOpen

Action

Turn outside lights on
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:24:48 pm by FireBird »

Offline Crazman

Notifications from the alarm panel and individual devices
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »
I have notifications set for all of my devices.   When I open a door to my house and it is armed and I have about 45 seconds to punch in my code before the main alarm goes off.  However, I immediately get a notification that the door was opened before I can punch in my code.  I can get around this by having a notification sent from the alarm panel only (which will only be sent if I do not punch in my code in the 45 second time frame and the panel goes into full alarm mode.).  However, when the notification is sent it doesn?t have any information as to what zones have been tripped so I would have no clue what IP camera to check if it were a real break in.  Is there a way to set things up such that a notification will only be sent from an individual device if it is tripped AND the alarm panel goes off.  Or, can notifications be set up such that the alarm panel device will send information within the notification about what devices are tripped when the alarm panel goes off?