Author Topic: UI5 and HTML5? For some reason UI just feels outdated  (Read 11478 times)

Offline meathead88

Re: UI5 and HTML5? For some reason UI just feels outdated
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 10:49:43 am »
I think of the UI5 as just a Setup or Test panel.

There are lots of nice mobile apps that make interacting with Vera pleasant.

I wish there was better support or interest in regards to Windows Phone. Using "Grasshopper" now but it feels limited and doesn't always work well. Still, you are using UI5 a lot in order to set everything up and still requires more features. I really need to be able to get images sent from the cameras when I get notices from the motion detectors/cameras though. It warns me someone is at my front door...but then I have to open the app and find the camera and click on it...or access cp.mios.com or whatever and get to the archive. By the time you've done that they are either not in front of the camera for the live shot or no longer at the front door by the time you find it in the archive anyways. It would be nice to get an instant txt notification with the image of the person right then and there so *bam*...you know immediately that someone is right there in front of your door and you're immediately looking right at them.

It is just too much work to be able to figure out WHAT tripped your camera and that "too much" ALWAYS results in your not being able to act quickly enough or even figure anything out....outside that "something"....tripped a sensor.

I agree, where is the Windows Phone 8 support?  I've loving my Windows phone (crazy to say) More people have to try it and get on board!

Offline chrisbirkinshaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 04:14:36 am »
I sincerely hope that MCV do not spend time improving the aesthetic elements of the admin GUI, and instead work on getting bugs out and improving the scene scripting (maybe pay Richard to help!).

Also with regards to Windows mobile support, MCV do not direct much attention to any mobile platform, so do not feel left out. Instead they publish all APIs and leave it to third parties to build a business model out of native apps. If a third party cannot find a business model for a Windows Mobile app then again I don't think MCV should divert their limited resources into something that would be loss making.

I shouldn't think there is very much margin in the sale of each Vera once hardware and other costs are removed, so better be careful about what you wish it is spent on! ;-)

Offline pacificdune

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
A snappier interface would be nice, but you can't beat the price.

I used Nexia for some time and it does have a pretty interface.  However, you get to pay $10 per month and have much less functionality.

What would be interesting is more if / and / or functionality for setting up scenes and automation without needing lua code.

Offline thegnu

Best Windows Mobile app for VeraLite 1.7
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »
Hi all
as a newcomer to VeraLite and not really very pc savvy, I am struggling to find the correct?, if there is such a thing, app to install on my Nokia running windows 8.1. I only having a heating thermostat but plan to install radiator controllers too.
any suggestions? many thanks
marc

Offline meathead88

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:56 am »
I use the app called "Grasshopper" on  my Nokia 929 Windows 8.1 phone