We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: What in wall lighting modules to use?  (Read 10612 times)

Offline SmartLiving Technology

Re: What in wall lighting modules to use?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:41 pm »
Check your email :)

Yep we are serious about sending you a dimmer to test.  We know home automation in AU is still a niche market so it's not easy to find information or know what products work well for people in Australia.  We are doing our part to increase the knowledge to grow the HA market...afterall we are not just retailers of the product...we use it extensively ourselves!

(sorry guys but the verification before each post is really annoying and takes me a few attempts to type the image text and post so I'm dropping off this thread.  Unless someone can tell me how i get rid of it!)

Offline Pashak

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:31:10 pm »
strange, I hit reply and never have to input any verification

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 11:35:37 pm »
This comes up often. It is for new user registration only and will disappear after a certain amount of posts. This is to prevent spam accounts.

- Garrett

Offline Pashak

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 11:38:11 pm »
that explains it. it must be the 5 or 6 posts mark as i havent seen it in few weeks.

SmartLiving, just post a couple more times and your good :)

I did receive an email from Samantha, who told me to register on your forums.

Do you want me start a new topic there on this loaner Dimmer module or do you have an email address other than sales to work this out...

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:11 am »
Which forum?

(I can see Smart Livings dilemma, eek, it's a PITA for visually challenged posters.)
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Pashak

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 01:43:44 am »

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:30:06 am »
My post count is slowing increasing but until the verification is gone it's very painful to post here so much prefer if you post it on the other forum and I can reply easier and quicker.  It's still a new forum so not much content yet but it's easier to offer support without typing the image 10 times before i get through!

Edit: About to give up on posting this because I can't read the damm image!

Offline Pashak

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 02:32:01 am »
yeah fair enough, forum post created. I hope your forum takes off. Us aussies need a place to collaborate.
you should start a new thread inviting australians to join and share experiences

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 04:41:02 am »
Not sure if it's allowed to cross post like that since we are a business but happy for you to start a new thread and ask more people to join.

We currently have a promotion going on for the first lot of people to join the Australian forum :)

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 04:49:33 am »
@ SmartLiving

The unit described above:

"- Unknown black one, does anyone know what it is?
http://www.shop.sainet.com.au/z-wave-in-wall-single-relay-switch.html"

Isn't the above device the same as your white one? And is it somehow affiliated and/or manufactured by Schlage? Like your Schlage Z-Wave Plug-In Appliance module.

I saw your reply about the black & white units being the same. But no response re: Schlage as the manufacturers or not.

Offline Da_JoJo

• If something aint work, we can allways try n make
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 01:12:20 pm »
i use the fibaro dimmers for a year now and they never failed. no energy measuring though.
the dimming range and the pulse length can be adjusted and it can also with a load dim my dimmable 4x 4w/220v leds and my 2x8w led lights
support 2 times pressing light-switch for instant 100% light.
can also be used to dim a dremel.
Vera lite (1.5.622), 2x an-158/2, dead usb pl2302 rs-232, 2x greenwave 6 port, 4x Fibaro FGD211 v1.6, FGBS001, few FGS - 221, etc. AuthomationHD 3 for android :-)
Dutch & German translator http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:AllPages http://support.micasaverde.com http://domotica-shop.nl

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 09:33:21 pm »
I haven't seen a Schlage relay switch so not sure if it's the same...i suspect it is because there are not many manufacturers of AU HA products.  So I think it's just a rebranding of the same product.

Offline jamiehealy

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 03:33:10 am »
Hi,

I am also new to z-wave just setup my vera 3 and ordered 3 x In wall dimmers same brand as you mention. When connected the first one works ok but when its dimmed to less than 60% the light cuts out or starts to flicker at time even turning on its flickers quite a bit until it gets to 100% brightness the other two dimmers exactly same problem as you have had they learn into the vera when you turn them on a multimeter across the load says 240VAC turn it off the load switches off, as soon as any load even 1 x 50Watt Halogen is connected to these dimmers they do not work meter again across the load say 1 VAC obviously there must be an issue as they are fine without any load but as soon as something is added they don't switch any voltage across, would appreciate any suggestions as well

Thanks

Offline Toma65

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:31 am »
Adding a comment to a very old thread, I know, but others might end here the same way I did - googling for info about Aeon and Fibaro dimmers. This thread is one of the sparse resources ... So I add this comment for the casual visitor ...

I guess the reason why Pashaks dimmers died is because Aeon Labs micro dimmers use leading edge phase dimming. Pashak mentioned to have electronic transformers for his halogen lights. Most electronic transformers are only trailing edge dimmable and mixing a leading edge TRIAC dimmer with such an electronic transformer will lead to failures ...

Unfortunately, Aeon claims on their website that their dimmers work with halogen lights without taking into account that there are multiple halogen systems. You have to read on to their comment about LEDs and micro dimmers not suitable for trailing edge phase dimming (verified with supplier).

Fibaro universal dimmers on the other hand support both leading edge and trailing edge dimmable devices.

One other important difference is that Fibaro dimmers use mains current on the switch terminals while Aeon Labs uses 3V there. So, Fibaro dimmers must not be used together with low voltage switches for home automation purposes (usually installed because they are low-profiled) while Aeon switches will do in this case.