We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: vera 2 updated to ui5... now i cant pair anything  (Read 1723 times)

Offline dohcdragon

• Sr. Newbie
vera 2 updated to ui5... now i cant pair anything
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »
ok so i know that tech support will probably take care of this in a matter of seconds but i was hoping i could get it fixed while i had time to work on this durring the weekend. i update my vera 2 to ui5. the reason was so i could be ready for a vera 3 that i just purchased and is on its way to me. i figure i can get all the programming done and set up all my scenes then do a backup and restore afterwords. i removed all of my devices and scenes before i did the upgrade. i wanted to start over so i could have everything clean now that i have 32 switches, 4 locks, door sensors and 8 cameras set up i could clean up the way they where connected and what not if i did a clean install. anyway so where im at is i have a dumb vera2with ui5(it has no devices setup i did add the rooms but nothing else has been put together.) it will not let me add devices. i hav etried both a dimmer and regular GE switch, a GE Socket and a schlage door lock. i have reset the lock and gotten it to go through all the lights like its trying to connect, but it eventually times out. i have put the vera 2 right next to the switch in pairing mode and hit the on and off button a bilion times with no connection found. i am fustrated because everything was working fine until i decided i had to have this upgrade. if anyone who is on here has any ideas it would be great.

Offline FlyingTech

Re: vera 2 updated to ui5... now i cant pair anything
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:34:41 pm »
you have to "exclude" each device with the vera.  press the zwave button on the back of the vera till it is blinking rapidly.  do this to every device.

resetting the vera does NOT reset the devices. when resetting vera it changes the zwave network ID.
  A zwave device can only be apart of one network, by excluding it with the vera it resets the device making it able to be added to your zwave network.  also its a good practice to use full power when adding devices.

Offline dohcdragon

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:16:25 pm »
Thank you for your help. its working... im sure i will have more questions soon.

Offline holger_40

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:52:14 am »
I too have just upgraded my Vera2 to UI5 and can now not pair anything new.  I loaded the backup taken from UI4 before upgrade, and devices and scenes came over, then I performed a heal.  But now I cannot pair anything new after trying to add both light switches and a remote controller on both full power and battery.  The behavior is the same: zwave device put into include mode; slow flashing zwave light; light flutters for a couple seconds when paired; but then the zwave light goes out for a long time and does not come back on unless I press the zwave button and the devices never show up in the dashboard, and I get the dreaded "Failed to go into Learn Mode".

I have tried an exclude of these devices as well and get the same light flicker before zwave light goes out.  Weird thing is: on the remote controller (a GE 45601) it states "Success" on an exclude, but the include process always results in a "Fail".

Let me know if anyone else has had this behavior and a fix if any, thanks.

Update ... found a solution: I was able to fix it by downgrading the zwave chip back to 2.78, adding the devices, then doing the hack to convert back up to 3.20.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:20:43 am by holger_40 »