We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Can't log in remotely. Could not connect to MySQL server.  (Read 4133 times)

Offline reiserx

Can't log in remotely. Could not connect to MySQL server.
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:06:33 am »
When I try to log into findvera.com I'm getting this message in the browser and it won't log in.(Could not connect to MySQL server.)  I got it for about 4 hours yesterday and now again today. Anyone else getting this?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:44:54 am by reiserx »

Offline EC

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Could not connect to MySQL server.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:33:23 am »
yes, me too.  however, if you log in from your home network, it works normally.  Yesterday went it went down, I had to reboot Vera since the entire system was shot.  No problems after I rebooted until this evening.

Offline reiserx

Re: Could not connect to MySQL server.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:40:52 am »
It's still happening and I have tenents checking it today and can't put their lock code in. Unfortunately I'm not local today and have to make an hour trip to go set it manually. This sucks >:(

Offline reiserx

Re: Can't log in remotely. Could not connect to MySQL server.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:36:29 pm »
I contacted them and they said they were working on it and now it's back up and running.

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 10:57:07 pm »
The server got completely flooded by constant update requests (like hundreds per second), which exceeded the available database connections.  We put in a filter on that IP, so it should be ok, and we're working on a permanent solution to prevent it from happening again in the future.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 11:28:28 pm »
A good passive HTTP/HTTPS traffic monitoring appliance could detect this (and others) kind of problem with the root cause long before users realize something goes wrong.
;)