We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 1.4X Beta  (Read 15723 times)

Offline jtmoore

Re: 1.4X Beta
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
Updated with new build. No crashing now. Thanks.
I haven't yet got my DSC alarm panel connected to Vera, so can't test aspect of Homewave at the moment. I hope to get to that next week.
jtmoore

Offline Gjones

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 05:00:25 am »
Wow! Loving version 1.4. Integration with my Visonic Alarm panel is great. Along with the new Multi value display, this app has just got even better.

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:21 am »
Hi All,

release 1.4 last beta working without issue to me. Multi value display is very nice!

I don't have an alarm system so I cannot test the feature. I build my alarm with vera (door sensor, siren, sonos, etc) and I can control it with HomeWave without any issue.

Is it in your queue the Sonos plug in integration? I can manage it triggering scenes and applying them an icon. With the Multi display I can show that volume and Title in execution. With the integration of the plug in it would be possible to show the cover and all the information automatically.

Thank you
Matteo

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 07:14:39 am »
Alarm control is working for me.  I am able to see status via the Alarm Panel as well as arm the alarm.  I have a Caddx Alarm.  Alarm Stay and Away worked fine.  Was not able to Disarm but I think you know that right now.
Selecting the options of the fan was difficult on an iPhone - if I keep this config I'll likely need to make the button larger.  Would be nice if I could select the items shown on the fan so that I could select only 2 or 3 making it easy to select the proper one on a small screen.
Overall though am very happy with the addition of the Alarm panel and the direction of your product.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:51 am »
Why are you not able to disarm?  Does that require the alarm panel's PIN?  (I've no idea how these things work, having no alarm panel myself)

Regarding PINs: I see two options here and would like to know what would work best:
1) When sending commands, prompt the user for the alarm panel's PIN
2) Store the alarm panel's PIN in the control (unreadable/encrypted), and just send it when using the control.  You still have the option to protect the control itself using the app's PIN.

Regarding the available set of commands:
- Are there any missing?
- What would be a good way to make a subset of these commands optional?  For example: always show the basic 4 commands that also appear on the control in the Vera UI, and optionally show the rest (the "quick" commands etc).

Do we also need the Panic functions?
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Gjones

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 07:45:35 am »
Disarm is working fine on mine, but I store the PIN in the plugin. I'm assuming it's quite unlikely a burglar would ever get in my Vera before trying to break in to my house

Offline beerguy

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 10:32:00 am »
I have 1.4 #7 installed and am noticing a couple of things:

1) when I save a configuration it asks me if I want to overwrite a previous config file. If I answer yes it tells me it did it but then ultimate doesn't. It writes a new file and increments the file name with a number.

2) when switching configurations it doesn't seem to update the devices until I hold down on one of them for 4 seconds to re-poll everything. I've waited up to 3 or 4 minutes and it seems that all of the devices stay gray until I manually poll/update the devices

Offline beerguy

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 10:33:45 am »
1.4 #7 installed. For some reason all of a sudden the app is not controlling a couple of lights that I have. When I click the button it immediately shows that the light has been turned on, but in reality it never did turn on. If I let the app sit long enough it will update and show the status as off but that can take 30 seconds to a minute. The switches that I have provide feedback so it should know right away whether it really turned on or not. The lights all work fine from the web browser. Seems like two problems to me. First, I wonder why HomeWave stopped controlling the lights, and second, there needs to be a way that HomeWave can get some real feedback rather than just displaying that the light turned on when it really didn't.

Update: deleting both devices in HomeWave and replacing them back on their respective screens got them working again.

Pat
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:40:47 am by beerguy »

Offline intveltr

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 10:43:27 am »
Odd that you had to re-add those lights.  Did the problem occur with just a few lights or with all of them?  And is there anything special about them?

I'll look into the other issues
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »
New build posted!  Besides the alarm control stuff, this version will also force a full status update when loading a configuration file.

Offline br636

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »
Tested out saving the pin code in Homewave....it works great!! Nice work intveltr!

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »
Installed the latest update tonight and it is working great.  Sorry I didn't get back to your earlier questions but you seemed to address them anyways in the latest release.  On the Caddx, unless I disarm as a scene, where I can pre-load the pin, yes a pin to disarm is needed.  I like the way you added the pin in the software - it works great - I've tried it a few times.  I also like that you gave the option to cut down on the fan display.  I have all the extras off and I now only see Stay/Arm/Force/Disarm - all I really use.  I tried each and they all worked as expected.

Offline beerguy

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 11:48:44 am »
Odd that you had to re-add those lights.  Did the problem occur with just a few lights or with all of them?  And is there anything special about them?

I'll look into the other issues

On this particular installation I only have 2 lights and both had to be reinstalled. Had to do it again this morning. Let me know if there is anything that I can provide to you to help troubleshoot.

Pat

Offline silencery

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »
I have the current production version of homewave (1.31), and it's working quite well.  Thanks for the great software.

I'd like to try the beta to see how it integrates with my DSC alarm.  Are beta signups still open or accessible to new users?

Thanks!

Offline intveltr

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 06:50:46 pm »
There's no spots for the beta left, but I expect to submit the app to the Store next week (then it's 1 - 2 more weeks before it'll appear)