We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: In search of the World's most expensive Z-Wave device  (Read 4487 times)

Offline a-lurker

In search of the World's most expensive Z-Wave device
« on: February 25, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
Is this the World's most expensive Z-Wave hardware device - excluding controllers such as Vera? :

ZWave to Somfy Converter at $915 USD or 695 Euros

http://www.smarthome.com.au/blinds-curtains-windows/363-zwave-to-somfy-converter.html

No doubt it's probably worth every cent and a great product but I would need to think twice before buying it.

Can you cite a more expensive Z-Wave device? - specify in USD and Euros please.

Offline Piwtorak

Re: In search of the World's most expensive Z-Wave device
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:56:50 pm »
welcome to the wonderfull somfy's world !
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline Fitzy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »
Try and buy anything with "z-wave" in its name here in Australia and you might come close - especially if its a new device :-p

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:25:12 am »
here in Brazil was adopted the australian frequency. and the products also are very expensive...
I do not like the division of the markets like was region in DVD's. but this is not up to me...
all my devices I buy in USA.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline capjay

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 09:23:53 am »
here in Brazil was adopted the australian frequency. and the products also are very expensive...
I do not like the division of the markets like was region in DVD's. but this is not up to me...
all my devices I buy in USA.

good for you. but be careful, in some countries it's illegal to run at an unapproved frequency  8)

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 09:35:21 pm »
Is this the World's most expensive Z-Wave hardware device - excluding controllers such as Vera? :

ZWave to Somfy Converter at $915 USD or 695 Euros

http://www.smarthome.com.au/blinds-curtains-windows/363-zwave-to-somfy-converter.html

No doubt it's probably worth every cent and a great product but I would need to think twice before buying it.

Can you cite a more expensive Z-Wave device? - specify in USD and Euros please.

It actually isn't even a Z-Wave device, it is a Somfy RS485 to RTS Interface paired with a USB to RS485 cable together as a kit.  They say it connects to the Vera's they sell, so the kit is just the Somfy unit and a cable to add to Vera which handles the Z-Wave.  Here in the US we have the option of the Somfy ZRTSI, which is Z-Wave to RTS, or an URTSI whcih is RS232/RS485 to RTS.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 05:02:29 am »
Shady - thanks for clearing that one up !!!! It obviously pays to know your products. In which case, this may be the World's most expensive Z-Wave product:

http://www.amazon.de/Merten-505960-Funk-Zentrale-CONNECT-aluminium/dp/B000VBDZNM

Was 958 Euro (1251 USD) now reduced to 672 Euro (877 USD).