We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Help On Setting up Scene  (Read 3053 times)

Offline RolfS

Help On Setting up Scene
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:16:19 pm »
Hello everyone! I’m new here and to Vera. I’m trying to set up what seems like to me should be a simple scene. Here is  what I want to do:

A “Come Home” scene that does the following when activated:

Turn on HVAC.
If sunset (in other words -- dark) turn on a set of lights. If not dark then don’t turn them on.

The part I am having problem with is the condition on the lights. While I can create a sunset scene and have it turn on the lights I don’t see how NOT do it when no one is home.

I read the Wiki pages on this that I could find, but  all their examples did not cover this type of conditional logic.

Can anyone explain how that is done?

I feel real stupid about not being able to do that, particularly since I am a software developer, so you would think it should be easy to do, but there is some serious lack of documentation. Some of you mentioned a user manual. Is that the Wiki documentation or is there something else? All I got was a 4 page “Quick Start Guide”.

Rolf

Offline EC

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Help On Setting up Scene
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:21:09 pm »
read the post a few down called:

Question for MCV: Luup/Lua?

To put it briefly, conditional logic requires writing code using LUA.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 08:13:28 pm »
It's very simple LUA :)

But keep in mind LUA version it's still "under construction", so if you're willing to play with it don't get upset with bugs...

Offline RolfS

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 11:15:55 am »
Okay, I'll Look at LUA after it is officially released. I hope some simple conditionals can be added to the standard Vera interface using LUA in the background. In the mean time i solved my problem by creating two scenes, one for coming hope during daytime and another for nighttime.

Rolf