Author Topic: Unable to configure Qubino PWM  (Read 1375 times)

Offline thetwc

Unable to configure Qubino PWM
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:47:25 am »
I've just received a PWM plus module and I'm having difficulty setting it up.

Adding and removing is ok, but as soon as I add a configuration setting, the device fails to set user configuration and it stops responding (temperature doesn't update etc)
I went through changing everything I wanted, then saved.  Then tried doing it one setting at a time, still the same.  It even fails when monitoring one parameter.

I have to remove the device and re add to start again.

I'm on UI1.7.1707 on a Vera Edge, with the device now a meter away.
Any ideas?
1600's Thatched Cottage in the UK tricked out with Veras, RFx, and 30+ devices.  Homewave devotee.
Lite on UI5.  (1.5.672)   |   Edge on UI7

Offline thetwc

Re: Unable to configure Qubino PWM
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:58:52 am »
Just to give an update on this. 
I have had Qubino, Mios and Vesternet (Supplier) on this, they have all been very helpful.

Mios remote support have been playing mostly.  They have updated the device files, and the device reliably adds and functions. 
I still cannot add any configuration parameters though.  As soon as any parameter is added for monitoring or to change the value, the device crashes:  it fails to configure, fails to update temperature, or switch.

Vesternet UK have offered a return and I would do it normally but I do resent paying return postage. 

Anyone else got one of these working well?
1600's Thatched Cottage in the UK tricked out with Veras, RFx, and 30+ devices.  Homewave devotee.

Offline thetwc

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:34:02 am »
Anyone else had any luck with this device yet?  I'm still getting hacked of with it.

This is the 3rd physical device, so it can't be the hardware that is the problem. 

The device adds fine, appears in the dashboard, but fails to configure. 
When it's settled, it populates the following in the device options itself:
100, monitor
101, monitor
102, monitor

The device options never return a value. 

Deleting the configuration items and saving, seems to work.  The device stops having a red banner for a short period of time.  Current temperature will then update once, but not again. 

Change the thermostat set point or thermostat mode works intermittently, but the configuration parameters get populated again, and the device fails to configure.
Right now, the setpoint doesn't stay where it's set, and I don't know if the heater on the end is working or not.

Anyone have any ideas or know how to fix it?

thanks,

Offline kwieto

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:48 am »
I got similar issues.
After various attempts (including forcing device to configure, reloading lua, rebooting vera, removing and pairing again) I finally got it working.
It seems that these three parameters are preventing device to properly finish one of other steps which is configuring association settings.
When I checked variables, I've seen "*RECONFIGURE*" message in the "ConfiguredAssoc" Variable.
I suppose this was forcing device to configure and configure again.

What I did was deleting configuration parameters (the 100, 101 and 102 parameter) one by one, waiting some time between each and doing NOTHING else (no forcing reconfiguration, no lua reload, etc.). After I deleted last one device finally configured itself after couple of minutes (again, without touching any other parameters or commands).
When I go to device option, I see again the three parameters (set "monitor" and with blank fields instead of values), but this time there is no error message and device seems to be working. Temperature has some delay in reporting changes, but it is updated.

Correction - after a couple hours, problem reappeared :(
I didn't yet attached it to the installation where is meant to work, so I can't see how it performs in real conditions
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:24:02 pm by kwieto »

Offline thetwc

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:10 am »
Thank you.  Good to know. 
This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, so after this i moved to SmartThings.  ST's inability to work offline for me is an issue so i'm sure i'll be back in a bit.  Vera's is compatible with more zwave devices, but i've forgotten about it's unreliability after a couple of years.
cheers.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:34:21 am »
I've managed it to work without going back to the error, but any try to change configuration parameters ends with an error at the "setting user configuration" stage.
It seems that something is broken with this part, which prevents Vera to finish the process.
If I go to the Variables tab, I see "VariablesSet" field, but I don't see "VariablesGet" field, where information about parameters already set in the device should be stored.
I don't know, maybe the error is caused because that field is missing and data collected from the device can't be saved?

Nevertheless it seems that the thermostat works on default settings. For changing parameters It would probably work removing PWM from Vera, setting parameters on other controller, then pairing with Vera again (without resetting PWM during the process). Since I have access to Zipato (which, according to the manual is compatible with PWM), it is possible for me to go that way.
But any finetuning of these parameters will be a nightmare.

I've send support requests for both Vera and the Qubino. Bad Luck is that my e-mail account have some issues recently and I don't know if lack of reply is because they didn't do anything, or because of issues with my e-mail :(

Offline thetwc

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 04:40:10 am »
Sounds exactly the issues i was having, anything that you try to change results in a hanging situation.  Such a shame, could be a great device, love the hysteresis capability. 
I did speak to Vera for a number of hours, but they couldn't get out of the 'keep the device next to the Vera unit and configure' loop.  The device was 30cm from vera but kept failing. 

Keep the pressure up on Mios though  ;D

Offline kwieto

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 06:54:50 am »
I don't think it is the issue with the range (too far from the controller during setup).
There is something in general about Qubino modules and Vera.
I have also two ON/OFF thermostats for which parameters can be saved.
And they are work great except (yes, except) that they can't be turned on/off from UI, as they should be set to "heat" to work, when in the device panel I can see only OFF and AUTO. Funny thing is that I see "HEAT" option in "My Modes" section, so I can, for example, turn it on properly when changing the house mode. Seems that there is some incompatibility, but only partial, so it works "somehow".