Author Topic: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development  (Read 156165 times)

Offline Mike Yeager

Re: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2017, 06:45:35 pm »
Ah. I don't believe it supports encrypted source files. Oh well, I guess we just have to hope that MCV will get on the ball and fix the issue then...  :)

Offline Aaron

« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2017, 11:14:47 am »
Ah. I don't believe it supports encrypted source files. Oh well, I guess we just have to hope that MCV will get on the ball and fix the issue then...  :)
You need to open a ticket.  hope is not a strategy for success

They need users to open tons of tickets, vera says they fixed this... I've told them (three open tickets) this bug is not fixed. They only listen to open tickets

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »
Ok. How does one open a ticket? If we have to bust balls to get a problem resolved, lets do it....

Offline Zoro

« Reply #663 on: February 28, 2017, 12:36:16 pm »
Ok. How does one open a ticket? If we have to bust balls to get a problem resolved, lets do it....

Hi Mike--

See http://getvera.com/support/

Z

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #664 on: March 03, 2017, 09:52:28 am »
Does this look familiar to anyone? This is the response I got back from support...

Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply

Mike Yeager
Subject: Ecobee issues...

MAR 03, 2017  |  04:22AM PST
Ionut Sinatovici replied:
Hello Mike,
EcoBee is a third party plugin, we do not have access to it so we cannot modify or change its structure/functions. If a firmware upgrade from our side requires a plugin update, that is up to the manufacturer of the plugin. We did not change anything drastically, the plugin has to get an update from its manufacturer otherwise we cannot guarantee that a future update from us would ?fix? this issue.
Let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you asap.
Thank you.
Regards,

Ionut ▾ Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comsupport@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

How am I doing? Please email my manager, Daniel Stefan (daniel_stefan@getvera.com), with your feedback.

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC−8)
Monday - Friday 12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday 04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

HELPFUL LINKS
Web Portal: https://home.getvera.com
Platform Status: https://status.getvera.com
Order Tracking: https://shop.getvera.com/orders.asp
Customer Care Website: http://support.getvera.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/veratraining

FEB 28, 2017  |  02:10PM PST
Original message
Mike wrote:
I am using the Ecobee plugin and have been having issues with being forced to reauthorize the plugin. I'm told this is due to a bug that caused by the authorization token not being immediately written to storage. This has been reported several times according to the forum. Please fix. I need reliability here and other than a few minor issues, I'm fairly happy.

Offline watou

« Reply #665 on: March 03, 2017, 10:44:39 am »
Ha! My reading of the reply is that it is in no way responsive to your query.  Oh boy....

Offline rafale77

« Reply #666 on: March 03, 2017, 11:08:25 am »
My experience (I may be repeating myself) with the loss of token from the plugin is that it is related to either random luup reload and vera restart happening right at the time of the token renewal.
It is extremely annoying. The same customer support person has been trying to blame these restarts on other plugins. However true it is, it is primarily a problem with the vera firmware. The luup reload are relatively short but the vera restarts are unacceptable no matter what causes them. The response is a way to ask us to go pound sand.

If you would, install the status monitor app and you will see the last restart events. Since the last firmware update, luup reloads have occured about once every 24-36 hrs and vera restart every 48-56 hrs. I had reloads before but not restarts.

Homeseer is looking better and better by the day...
openLuup (96 devices, 128 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (133 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 25 scenes , 1 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #667 on: March 03, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »
Ha! My reading of the reply is that it is in no way responsive to your query.  Oh boy....

Not in the least. They're trying to push it off as though it's the fault of the plugin. I replied that the author of the plugin was a frequent poster to the forum and that the plugin worked just fine. I also mentioned that the fault was Vera's delay in writing data to storage and that they've been made aware of this before. I told him that the author has encouraged others having this issue to contact them as "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"....

I will add the status monitor app....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:32:56 pm by Mike Yeager »

Offline Juppers

« Reply #668 on: March 04, 2017, 12:17:29 am »
Since I fixed the errors in my config, I haven't had this problem for the last several weeks. Mine was being caused by gibberish luup in some scenes and/or the broken WAPIRZ-1 sensors in the prior firmware. I'd suggest checking all your scenes are correct with valid luup, correct modes applied, etc. My scenes didn't like the upgrade/import from UI5 and some got scrambled with the encoding changes in the newer firmware.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #669 on: March 04, 2017, 01:58:23 pm »
I've already checked my scenes and all that. I install the systems monitor plugin a few days ago and so far, all I've had is a few Luup restarts. No Vera reboots as of yet...

Offline rafale77

« Reply #670 on: March 04, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »
Having a few Luup restart is pretty common though not sure it is acceptable since it basically disables the system during the restart process. It seems like my system is stabilizing a little and I can go few days without luup reload. I added a USB drive to the vera and have my logs now written on it. Totally forgot to do this when I went from the edge to the plus.
What you may notice if your problem is like mine is that every ecobee token corresponds to a vera restart. Not every vera restarts causes a token drop. The vera restart needs to be long enough and happen to coincide with a token renewal event. We are basically exposed to lose the token every time we upgrade firmware, reboot the vera or if very unlucky, when we install a plugin or save a scene because they all cause luup reloads.
On my previous firmware it was occurring once every couple of weeks. Initially after the upgrade, I saw it twice in 3 days... I am keeping my finger crossed... it seems like each zwave heal is helping for some reason. Something might have been changed in the zwave network handling on this last firmware.

Edit: Sure enough, I got a luup reload as I was writing this post...  :'(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:04:43 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (96 devices, 128 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (133 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 25 scenes , 1 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline rafale77

« Reply #671 on: March 07, 2017, 12:42:50 pm »
At some point last night the plugin lost connection and I am not able to reconnect. Trying to reauthorize with a new code goes on to adding the app on the ecobee site but then the vera never seems to connect. Anybody else seeing this?

nevermind, tried again after a luup reload and it worked. After 24hrs of not reloading luup, the vera seems to be very good at corrupting itself...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:51:37 pm by rafale77 »

Offline Kalapa

« Reply #672 on: March 07, 2017, 09:04:47 pm »

"Vera Mobile" app displays "Inside Temp" and UP / Down arrows temp settings with current temperature, but not showing any temp mode  ( off / auto /cool /Heat ) options. These options displaying correctly on when I access via web page in UI7..

Is this a known issue with Vera Mobile app? or am I missing any settings here?

Note : Veramate app shows all these options in mobile app,,

Offline rafale77

« Reply #673 on: March 10, 2017, 12:45:49 am »
Ok I think I am getting something consistent now. After 18hrs of absence of random luup reload, I lose connection to the ecobee server and am unable to reestablish connection until I manually reload the luup engine. If I am reloading the luup engine at some point in between then the connection appears to be able to hold another 18hrs. @Watou. Any idea what could cause this?

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2017, 01:57:23 pm »
Mem Available  174828kilo bytes
CPU Load (1 minute)  0.16
CPU Load (5 minute)  0.2
CPU Load (15 minute)  0.17
Last CMH Reboot  07:26:58 Wed 22 Feb 2017
Last Vera Restart
Last Luup Restart  10:48:31 Fri 10 Mar 2017

This is where I stand after installing the system monitor. It's been about two weeks according to my previous post. No Vera reboots, but the Luup restarts are there. Would be great to know what's causing them and how to eliminate it. There was nothing going on this morning to cause this...