Author Topic: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development  (Read 181339 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development
« Reply #795 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »
Sorry I have no way to test ui5 as I have never had any ui5 Vera. When I modded beyond v1.6, it was to make it compatible with UI7. I however made no modifications to Watou?s ui5 files. I suspect that you have a non fixed
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline watou

« Reply #796 on: November 02, 2018, 12:02:12 am »
I have been having a lot of issues with having to get the PIN once a week.  Today I removed 1.8 and installed 1.9.  I am in UI5 and the GET PIN button does not work.  Will this app still work with UI5?  Or is ecobee down right now for getting a PIN?

If 1.8 was working except for PIN problems, 1.9 is exactly the same except it uses tlsv1_2 instead of tlsv1.  It's at least conceivable that UI5 does not support tlsv1_2, but you might want to find some clear evidence to corroborate that theory.  In any case, if you can install 1.8 and it basically works, and 1.9 doesn't, the TLS change is the only code change between the two versions.

Offline chasiu

« Reply #797 on: November 02, 2018, 12:28:34 am »
I have been having a lot of issues with having to get the PIN once a week.  Today I removed 1.8 and installed 1.9.  I am in UI5 and the GET PIN button does not work.  Will this app still work with UI5?  Or is ecobee down right now for getting a PIN?

If 1.8 was working except for PIN problems, 1.9 is exactly the same except it uses tlsv1_2 instead of tlsv1.  It's at least conceivable that UI5 does not support tlsv1_2, but you might want to find some clear evidence to corroborate that theory.  In any case, if you can install 1.8 and it basically works, and 1.9 doesn't, the TLS change is the only code change between the two versions.

I tried to get pin beforeI I removed 1.8 and it was not working. I thought the update might fix it but it didn't.

Offline watou

« Reply #798 on: November 02, 2018, 12:35:01 am »
I tried to get pin before I I removed 1.8 and it was not working. I thought the update might fix it but it didn't.

If Ecobee no longer supports TLS 1.0 (can be checked again at https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=api.ecobee.com but last I checked they only supported TLS 1.2), and UI5 does not support TLS 1.2 (needs some research to be sure but your 1.9 experience presents that as a possibility), then it might be that UI5 can no longer be used.  If I were you I would try to again remove and install 1.9 just to get a sense that the plugin installation worked, and have a look at your log file.

watou

Offline chasiu

« Reply #799 on: November 02, 2018, 12:44:44 am »
I just checked the link you provided. Says only 1.2. I guess I need to abandon my temp controlled automation for the garage. Thanks for your feedback.
I tried to get pin before I I removed 1.8 and it was not working. I thought the update might fix it but it didn't.

If Ecobee no longer supports TLS 1.0 (can be checked again at https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=api.ecobee.com but last I checked they only supported TLS 1.2), and UI5 does not support TLS 1.2 (needs some research to be sure but your 1.9 experience presents that as a possibility), then it might be that UI5 can no longer be used.  If I were you I would try to again remove and install 1.9 just to get a sense that the plugin installation worked, and have a look at your log file.

watou

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline charettepa

« Reply #800 on: November 02, 2018, 09:31:26 am »

watou

ecobee did get back to me
tls 1.0 is no longer allowed

it must connect using tls 1.2 version

Offline rafale77

« Reply #801 on: November 02, 2018, 07:40:07 pm »
v2.11 released which eliminates ghost disconnection from API response errors.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #802 on: November 06, 2018, 08:34:50 am »
@rafale77 . Checking your github and only see the 1.2 fix from 12 days ago. Is the v2.11 located somewhere else ?
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline rafale77

« Reply #803 on: November 06, 2018, 08:52:19 am »
It is actually a formal release on github. Are you looking at my fork?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:14:58 pm by rafale77 »

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #804 on: November 11, 2018, 04:42:17 pm »
I am noticing this error coming up after a day or two.  I cannot find anything searching. It seems to go away for a short time after a reboot or creating a new pin.

Code: [Select]
ecobee : Error: create function not permitted: no valid JSON value (reached the end)

Not sure if it is something just I am seeing or possibly others using the latest @rafale77 fork
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline rafale77

« Reply #805 on: November 11, 2018, 05:08:50 pm »
I am noticing this error coming up after a day or two.  I cannot find anything searching. It seems to go away for a short time after a reboot or creating a new pin.

Code: [Select]
ecobee : Error: create function not permitted: no valid JSON value (reached the end)

Not sure if it is something just I am seeing or possibly others using the latest @rafale77 fork

This is the problem I described as the intermittent ?ghost? disconnection which goes away by a retry. I doubt that it is unique to my fork because I did not change anything to the communication code from watou and is likely a bug in the ecobee API. The retry loop in case of failure seems to decrease the frequency for me but does not completely eliminate it. When you get the error, just send another command (example change housemode) and it goes away. I am looking at increasing the delay between the retries to see if it helps. Testing is underway.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #806 on: November 19, 2018, 01:21:18 pm »
A quick update on the testing. It appears somehow that the plugin intermittently sends an empty table to the API or that the API believes it is receiving an empty json. I haven't yet figured out why. I am testing another level of retry. It seems like the empty json occurs only when I am running a scene with a house mode change and many other things at the same time which makes me suspicious of some timing issue. I this still fails, I will test running all of the API calls with a slight delay in my scene to see if it gets rid of the problem. Because it is fairly rare, the problem is taking time to figure out.

Offline paulcusick3

« Reply #807 on: November 20, 2018, 11:17:21 am »
What about for new users?

I just got a ecobee4 - I first tried 1.9 from vera app store.  Tried "get pin" button - no response.... waited and again non.

Manually installed latest from github.... not have API Key field.   I registered as a developer, got an API Key.... and now get "ecobee : Error: invalid protocol: no valid JSON value (reached the end)"

Waited, retry, overnight, retry.... same message.  Uninstalled app, same procedure same error.  Tried delete App on ecobee and created new.... same error.

Seems like other have gotten it to work IF they already had installed and working..... anyone else experience this?  Work around?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Offline rafale77

« Reply #808 on: November 20, 2018, 11:37:06 am »
Hi Paul,

What unit are you installing this on? Supposing it is a vera what is the firmware version?

Offline paulcusick3

« Reply #809 on: November 20, 2018, 02:42:21 pm »
Hi Paul,

What unit are you installing this on? Supposing it is a vera what is the firmware version?

Sorry - had it in my original post that I lost

Vera 3
UI7 1.7.1030