We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development  (Read 239855 times)

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
Re: Plug-in for ecobee thermostats in development
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2018, 05:10:39 pm »
Would you be able to SSH into the vera and tell me what version of openWRT it is running? I am suspecting that the Vera 3 has not been updated and is running a Stone Age OS which does not support TLSv1.2. In this case I may need to have you do some deeper updates if you want to make it work. I don't think the problem is related to new Ecobee user. I think it is related to how old your vera is. Even the latest vera units all run 6 year old operating systems.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline paulcusick3

« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2018, 06:04:52 pm »
I can ssh - but don't know how to find version of openwrt.  Do you know command?

EDIT - Found it... i think

openwrt_firmware=openwrt-ramips-rt3883-na900-squashfs-sysupgrade-88.bin

or
openwrt_firmware_url=http://download.mios.com/firmware/os_rt3662
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 06:10:05 pm by paulcusick3 »

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2018, 07:27:40 pm »
On the splash screen when you ssh in the line just below the OpenWrt logo should be the version.
It should look something like this:

Code: [Select]
  _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

---------------------------------------------------
      BARRIER BREAKER (Bleeding Edge, r39638)

The rXXXX and the name "barrier breaker" is the version of the os. RT3883 is the CPU model of the vera3
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:29:13 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline paulcusick3

« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2018, 07:35:23 pm »
This is what I see:

BusyBox v1.17.3 (2012-01-09 12:40:42 PST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

-------------- Backfire (10.03) -------------------

***     MiOS LTD. ( www.mios.com )        ***

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2018, 07:48:11 pm »
sigh... Backfire... it is 5 generations behind barrier breaker... This here is the problem. Let me if I can find the openssl to get you at least connected.

Give me sometime. This OS version was obsolete before the vera3 was even released

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #815 on: November 21, 2018, 02:08:31 am »
@Paulcusick3: Sorry I tried. I the newest version of backfire and openssl are too old to be able to support the security protocol Ecobee now requires. The only thing I can suggest is to install openLuup and move all your automation to a much newer server.

Offline paulcusick3

« Reply #816 on: November 21, 2018, 06:26:44 am »
Thanks for the effort - I've been researching my next hardware and software, but have been holding off committing with the recent acquisition of MIOS.....

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #817 on: November 21, 2018, 12:22:03 pm »
On the positive side, I am on my 3rd day without any "ghost" disconnect. Will release a beta for others to try soon.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #818 on: November 22, 2018, 01:42:20 pm »
V2.12b now available on GitHub https://github.com/rafale77/vera-ecobee

Added a few APU retries to prevent the intermittent communication errors.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #819 on: November 26, 2018, 09:49:12 pm »
After a week of testing, I am fairly confident to have fixed the json empty error with the beta as I have not observed a single event. For those experiencing it, please try the 2.12b version.

Offline Freddy99

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #820 on: November 27, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »
Hello, I'm a Newbie. I have downloaded the Repo and have installed Altui on the Vera Apps.
Can somebody be kind enough to tell me how to do the following please?

1. Copy the content of the icons folder into the /#your Openluup folder#/icons.

2. Copy the content of the repo into /#your Openluup folder#

3. Create a new device in ALTUI using the D_Ecobee1.xml and I_Ecobee1.xml as your device files

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #821 on: November 27, 2018, 06:28:22 pm »
Hello, I'm a Newbie. I have downloaded the Repo and have installed Altui on the Vera Apps.
Can somebody be kind enough to tell me how to do the following please?

1. Copy the content of the icons folder into the /#your Openluup folder#/icons.

2. Copy the content of the repo into /#your Openluup folder#

3. Create a new device in ALTUI using the D_Ecobee1.xml and I_Ecobee1.xml as your device files

Did you install on the vera or openLuup? If you are not using openLuup, you will obviously not have any openLuup folder. On the vera you just have to upload everything into the app/develop apps/Luup files which will end up in you /etc/cmh-ludl folder. My instructions are really for openLuup. For UI7 assuming you had downloaded the original version from the App Store, you only have to drop in the new files.

Offline Freddy99

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2018, 07:57:09 pm »
I have installed Altui from the App store onto the Vera. I don't know how to transfer files into the app/develop apps/Luup folder or you /etc/cmh-ludl folder..
I really would like to have my Ecobee working again with my Vera.
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
Regards, Freddy

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2018, 08:27:49 pm »
You probably want to browse around the UI on your vera to get more familiar.
The app/develop apps/Luup files is not a folder but a menu section of the UI.
You get access to your vera storage by SCP and SSH. I you are not familiar with these, I would not recommend trying this. Instead, just use the App Store version of the ecobee plugin.

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #824 on: November 29, 2018, 02:05:06 am »
After a week of testing, I am fairly confident to have fixed the json empty error with the beta as I have not observed a single event. For those experiencing it, please try the 2.12b version.

Unfortunately, at least for me, your latest change did not seem to fix the problem completely.   I have
ecobee : Error: create function not permitted: no valid JSON value (reached the end)
on the top of the page. I uploaded your latest 
L_Ecobee1.lua file about 4 days ago.
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;